Mk 3 Door speaker/Stereo upgrade.

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

Mk 3 Door speaker/Stereo upgrade.

Postby steveti » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:51 pm

I may have asked some of this before, so please be patient :lol:

Has anyone upgraded their door speakers yet. I have a pair of Pioneer TS-A2010'S (20cm) that I had in my mk2.5 and would like to fit them to the mk3.

Problem I have is I don't know how to remove the door cards yet, undoubtedly this will prove to be fairly easy. Rather than go to the bother of removing them only to find that the speakers won't fit or will require surgery of some sort, so I'm looking for some tips/advice as to what will or won't fit in the door.

Also want to fit my Pioneer DEH-P77MP head unit, I know about the replacement facia that will allow this to physically fit in the dash but as I wish to retain the steering wheel controls, I need to know if there are any known steering wheel control interfaces available.

Thanks,

Steve.
steveti

Postby filgreen » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:00 am

Have a look at this thread from miata.net. Should answer a lot of your questions.

If you search that forum there's tons of stuff about speaker sizes etc.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.ph ... ge=1&pp=25

Hope that helps.
Shiny Red has been replaced by:

filgreen

Postby steveti » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:42 pm

Hi filgreen,

Thanks for your reply, asked this question on three MX 5 forums and yours is the only response so far :? .

I'll have a good trawl through the thread as you suggest and see if it answers my questions.

Again, I do appreciate your response.

Steve.
steveti

Return to ICE and Music