Kyle to Inverurie

Post here if you'd like to share your best Scottish roads or best Scottish places to visit.

Kyle to Inverurie

Postby IanH » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:55 pm

A87 Kyle to A887 turnoff then A887 to Invermoriston, this has to be one of the best roads around! Really, if you have not tried it you should.

Invermoriston to Inverness on the A82 can be hit or miss depending on the traffic but on a clear day is superb.

A9 to A938 turnoff, A938 to A95, A95 to A939 turnoff at Speybridge.

A939 to Corgarff via Bridge of Brown, Tomintoul and Lecht. A944 via Strathdon and Alford to Inverurie, a total of just a bit under 4 hours on Saturday. 8) 8) 8)

Part of this route was taken in within the Australia run NSE did earlier this year. I have an idea for another run next year possibly with an overnight in Nairn or somewhere similar on the Moray coast and a lot of A93, A9, A939 etc.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby poing » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:09 pm

Some roads on there I know fairly well, good choices 8)

Have to agree about the A82 and traffic. Get it right though and it's truly memorable.
1 great drive I had on the A82 pacing a Boxster. We were driving as hard as we dared (starting to get brake fade) but still got caught by Schumachers faster, more tallented secret brother in a Luton Van. Onto a straight both myself and the Boxster let him go, I just wanted to see how much we were really holding him up by. Never did find out, he was out of sight within 3 minutes. :shock:
poing

Return to Scottish Drives