Hiya peeps

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Postby KJo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Well, i'm not a granny...
1996, MK1, BRG, 1.8
KJo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Edinburgh

Postby frank boyle » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:07 pm

Knockhill Skid Pan is great, been there a couple of times, but they insist you use their car, which is a rear drive BWM or old sierra or something, with bald tyres pumped up to 75PSI.

Should warn you, its a bit of a leveller, you need to be exceptionally good, feather light on the throttle, smooth and confidnet.

Enjoy, its great fun.
frank boyle
User avatar
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Tullibody, Alloa

Postby Ronnie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:03 pm

KC you're a star turn :wink:
2010 Mk3.5 20 AE
Pearlescent White Mica
"Beryl the Pearl"
OC 14725 (lapsed)
Ronnie
User avatar
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:22 pm
Location: Kilmarnock

Postby koolchef » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:13 pm

thanks Ronnie, i think ? :?
koolchef
 

Postby Kev777 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:24 pm

it's ok KC i don't get that one either.....i must be stooopid lol :D


anyway welcome to the board KJo were all pretty nice peeps here

8)

Update Alana informed me "star turn" is the old skool way of saying your a star (so it's defo a compliment!!! :) )
Last edited by Kev777 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev777
OC Member
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:16 pm

Postby Dawn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:47 pm

tho i am curious how old you are for the grandad comment?! or should it be granny?


Koolchef, what is it with you and asking people what age they are???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much room!
Dawn
User avatar
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: Motherwell

Postby koolchef » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Dawn its for my age survey of the club - plus its good to know how old someone is when u talk to them isnt it?
koolchef
 

Postby findlay » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:52 pm

And here was me thinking it was rude to ask a girl her age :D































KC - You appeared to have scared her off :lol:
Long term MX5-less I miss my 5...
Image
My Picasa Albums... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/findlay69
findlay
User avatar
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:13 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby KJo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:25 am

Exactly, very rude to ask a lady her age you know :wink:

How old are you KC?
1996, MK1, BRG, 1.8
KJo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Edinburgh

Postby Richardn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:17 pm

young or had you guessed :lol:
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
User avatar
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Now in Herefordshire

Postby koolchef » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:41 pm

ah, its slightly comforting that am known for this trademark i have developed!

tho you must admit it gets the conversation flowing easy!

Am as RichardN described "young" - well young (er ) than him :P

Am in the age bracket of 2yrs old and 26 yrs old.

so whats your age bracket then for my survery of course? not that there would be any other reason that these mx5 members are saying i have a different motive! i would never do such a thing! just ask dawn.
koolchef
 

Postby KJo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:32 pm

Oh no i'm old!! by a whole 2 years :D

Of course you'll be posting these survey results soon i assume?
1996, MK1, BRG, 1.8
KJo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Edinburgh

Postby findlay » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:46 pm

KJo wrote:Oh no i'm old!! by a whole 2 years :D

Of course you'll be posting these survey results soon i assume?


Yes, along with his recommendations for your pension provisionment, suitable retirement housing, a group buy on Stannah stair lifts, trousers with elasticated waist bands review and sending you complimentary flat cap and driving gloves - your gift for completing the survey. :roll:

:lol:

KC - you depress me, I fall outside that age bracket too... :x

:mrgreen:
Long term MX5-less I miss my 5...
Image
My Picasa Albums... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/findlay69
findlay
User avatar
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:13 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby koolchef » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:51 pm

i didnt think it would cause this much hassle just to ask for an age.

but hey, i just like to know who am talking too.
koolchef
 

Postby KJo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:48 am

cannot wait for the flatcap :mrgreen:
1996, MK1, BRG, 1.8
KJo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Edinburgh

Postby frank boyle » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:22 am

Asking about age normally doesent cause much hassle, that is until you get to that certain age, when you look in the window of M&S and say "Nice Cardie".

There then dawns a realisation the first flush of youth is down the pan.

Some one in the office today, spying the MX5 in the car park, said, "Women of a certain age get HRT, men get MX5".

Anyway as I often hear here, maturity is a vastly over rated concept.
frank boyle
User avatar
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Tullibody, Alloa

Postby hubba64 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 am

findlay wrote:
KJo wrote:Oh no i'm old!! by a whole 2 years :D

Of course you'll be posting these survey results soon i assume?


Yes, along with his recommendations for your pension provisionment, suitable retirement housing, a group buy on Stannah stair lifts, trousers with elasticated waist bands review and sending you complimentary flat cap and driving gloves - your gift for completing the survey. :roll:

:lol:

KC - you depress me, I fall outside that age bracket too... :x

:mrgreen:


Not forgetting the Billy Conolly pish pants so you can stay up dancing all night! :D :D :D
One good turn gets most of the blankets.

Image

Helensburgh Camera Club
hubba64
User avatar
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Helensburgh

Postby findlay » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:13 pm

hubba64 wrote:
findlay wrote:
KJo wrote:Oh no i'm old!! by a whole 2 years :D

Of course you'll be posting these survey results soon i assume?


Yes, along with his recommendations for your pension provisionment, suitable retirement housing, a group buy on Stannah stair lifts, trousers with elasticated waist bands review and sending you complimentary flat cap and driving gloves - your gift for completing the survey. :roll:

:lol:

KC - you depress me, I fall outside that age bracket too... :x

:mrgreen:


Not forgetting the Billy Conolly pish pants so you can stay up dancing all night! :D :D :D


I wasn't planning on telling KJo about those, from what I've heard the ones KC are sending out have had one, careful, previous owner :shock:

Sorry KJo, think we've rather spoiled your welcome now :oops:
Long term MX5-less I miss my 5...
Image
My Picasa Albums... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/findlay69
findlay
User avatar
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:13 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby KJo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:10 pm

findlay wrote: Sorry KJo, think we've rather spoiled your welcome now :oops:


Not at all, made me smile on a monday, which can never be a bad thing, cheers :D
1996, MK1, BRG, 1.8
KJo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Edinburgh

Postby DouglasH » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi KJo and welcome. :D

This is the only survey on age being done, and its not a survey, its a bit of fun plus its totally voluntary...RIGHT KOOLCHEF :wink:
http://mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4834
DouglasH
User avatar
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:36 pm
Location: Glasgow

PreviousNext

Return to New Users

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron