Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Postby ronniewolff » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Hello to all.

I haven't taken delivery of my MX-5 yet - it's coming later this week once it has had a service and a valet - but a price was agreed tonight and I'm chuffed to bits.

I'm offloading my E30 BMW 320i Touring to my brother on Wednesday after 18 months of happy ownership; saying goodbye to a gorgeous straight six with just 60k on the clock. The reason?

The partner of my friend Colin inherited her father's MX-5 upon his death in late 2005, and having become pregnant for the first time and now planning for family life - I recommended a Passat estate TDI (150PS) to them - she was keen to move the car on without just flogging it to the guy with the fattest wad.

Now, my past three cars have been a Golf GTi Mk3, a Golf VR6 and the aforementioned Beemer. I had never dreamt of owning a sports car. My logic was: that's what my dad did, so why would I want to do it? But this MX-5 is mint, just mint, and I am ecstatic to be its owner.

The basic spec:

1998 (R) 1.8i S, British racing green, 33k, FDSH & all MOTs, hard top, black cloth interior.

It's as it left the factory floor (does anyone know where they were manufactured?) and had been maintained diligently and serviced regularly all the time Laura's father - a retired engineeer (I believe) in Newton Mearns, near Glasgow - owned it. It was his second car and clearly only came out for fun runs.

As I said, I am overjoyed! One drive and I was gone. The estate had to go; funds had to be created.

I can't wait to get may hands on the wee green fella (reg S10 AFM: a wee wave's always good). Am I right in thinking there's no limited diff or Bilsteins? Some reviews etc have been a little contradictory.

Cheers, and I look forward to getting to know a few folk here.
ronniewolff

Postby Jim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Ronnie,
Many miles of happy 'topless' motoring :shock:
Drop the hood and let the world in 8-)

Jim
Jim
OC Member
Jim Tolson

Postby Si » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:39 pm

Sounds like you've found yourself a belter of a car. Low mileage for the age so hardly even run in :D It's down in terms of performance on your previous cars, but I don't think that'll matter after you've pushed it round a few corners on your local B roads with the hood down.

Welcome!

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby DouglasH » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:44 pm

Hi Ronnie...welcome to the forum. Your new car does indeed have LSD, all 1.8is models have it as standard, unfortunately it will be standard shocks on the car. I know this car a little as it used to live about 60 yards from me in Newton Mearns. (have pm'd you)
DouglasH

Postby PaulDS » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:49 pm

:D
PaulDS

Re: Newbie

Postby graeme » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:06 pm

ronniewolff wrote:- she was keen to move the car on without just flogging it to the guy with the fattest wad.

Welcome - I dream of meeting someone like that :lol:
I am fat, but my wad isn't :wink: :lol:
graeme

Postby Rugger » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Greetings and salutations......... :D
1992 Mk1 eunos roadster.....gone to a new home
2006 Mk3 2.0 Sports

Founder member of PHD motor tractors association.
Rugger
OC Member
Andy Wylie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby ronniewolff » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:41 pm

Cheers everyone.

I'll no doubt be posting inane questions in a matter of days (I get the car on Wednesday after it's been serviced), so be firm!

I have one already though: wher do I get a remote fob for the Cobra alarm? Anybody know a good non-Mazda source?
ronniewolff

Postby frank boyle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:45 pm

Hello.

Welcome to the forum, I like the sound of your car, look forward to the photos.
frank boyle

Return to New Users