Hello!

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hello!

Postby chunkymonkey71 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:42 pm

I'm a new user and just wanted to say hello to everyone. Been driving an L reg Eunos Roadster (i think its an S spec) for a good few months now, and only just getting round to joining the owners club!

What a great car! Needs a few things done to it, but you tend to forget these things when the roof is down and theres a twisty road to be driven...!

I might be calling on a few of you for some tips on maintenance and repairs soon! Starting with fitting a new soft top. Has anyone fitted one by themselves before? And if so... how easy/hard was it?
:D
chunkymonkey71

Postby PaulDS » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:14 pm

:D
PaulDS

Postby chunkymonkey71 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:16 pm

You may have noticed my Eunos before if you live in the south side of Glasgow...

Its the loud silver one with the big rip in the back window!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
chunkymonkey71

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:39 pm

Welcome to the forum. I would not attempt to renew hood myself but checkout Richard at mx5scotland.com he has replaced loads in the club and can source different colours and materials.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby mossy-mx5 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:42 pm

welcome mate , any pics of your car
GOT MY TWO SEATER TO GET PEACE FROM WIFE AND KIDS !

mossy-mx5

Postby fergiet » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:50 pm

Hello and welcome.
Mk3.5 Venture Soft Top 1.8 2012

the only thing about doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished

fergiet

Postby Enjay » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 pm

Hello and welcome. :)

BTW it helps if you fill in your profile in your forum profile. That way sinister voice we know where you live ;).

Actually, it does make it easier because if you do ever post about things like wanting help or whatever, someone nearby may look at your post and be able to offer more than just written advice, or give you local places to try for help or whatever. It happens quite a lot.
Enjay

Postby The Pram » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi there. Just to echo what has been said already and "fit like?"

Enjay, you have a valid point. Maybe it should be compulsory for registration that location be added so that we can offer help when needed etc. Makes it easier too for us AC's to suss out potential new blood, I mean new members :lol:
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Postby Enjay » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:06 am

Enjay wrote:BTW it helps if you fill in your profile in your forum profile.

Doh!
BTW it helps if you fill in your location in your forum profile.

But people knew what I meant (I think).

It would be good if providing a location was more actively encouraged, because it is useful and has proven so a number of times on the forum. It's not as if people are giving an exact address or anything, just the area/city where they live. So no personal or security risk. However, it would be hard to enforce if it were compulsory because you could write things like "Scotland", "Mars", "Right behind you" or whatever and the software would, presumably, see these as correctly filled in location fields.
Enjay

Postby DouglasH » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:20 am

Yes a very valid point, it can be annoying when new users register and post a help query without a location, the same way we feel stupid when typing a response to a name like chunkymonkey but don't feel so bad about typing a name like Enjay or PaulDS.
To be fair to Chunkymonkey :lol: , he did say in one of his posts he was from the Southside of Glasgow....
Welcome Chunkymonkey from a fellow Southsider :D
DouglasH

Postby Enjay » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:42 am

DouglasH wrote:To be fair to Chunkymonkey :lol: , he did say in one of his posts he was from the Southside of Glasgow....

Absolutely, and I certainly wasn't having a go, in case anyone thought that.

However, if in 3 months time, when people may have forgotten the detail of this introductory thread, Chunkymonkey makes a post like "anyone know of a good place to get a full geometry check" without adding "in the Glasgow area" the first question would be "where are you". With the location filled in, there'd be no need.

Perhaps something in the forum FAQ or the sticky thread in this forum to ask people nicely to fill in their location is all that's needed. Something like "please fill in the location field in your profile as it helps us to help you"?
Enjay

Postby chunkymonkey71 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:23 am

There, I've updated the profile!

I'm gonna try to get some nice pictures of the car tomorrow to put on... hope its sunny... looks crap with the big rip in the back window otherwise!!!

Or, if youre impatient...

www.bebo.com/chunkymonkey71

There are actually one or two almost identical Eunos's in the Rutherglen area. Anyone out there own one of them???
chunkymonkey71

Postby sgibson » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:26 pm

I'll have a look out for you! I have a white MX5 in Shawlands - you might see it kicking about!
sgibson

Postby chunkymonkey71 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 pm

I think i passed yours today in Holmlea Road...?
chunkymonkey71

Postby CJT1.6red » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:16 pm

hi

you might see me a bit if you are on the southside, i am in the cambuslang area / rutherglen area a lot will look out for you and of course welcome to the 'club' :D
CJT1.6red

Return to New Users