Arbroath Seafront Spectacular

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Arbroath Seafront Spectacular

Postby Colin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:45 pm

Just reminding you of our next event, the Arbroath Seafront Spectacular on Saturday, 14th July.

There is a host of great events for all the family (or as many as you can cram into an MX-5), and more details if you click on the link above.

If we attend this event as a Club, we have the opportunity to set up a stand which, apart from the other benefits, also means free parking and passes! However, Andy (our link man) and I need a firm commitment from enough members by Sunday 1st July to do this so he can organise passes for us.

Having said that, if there's not enough interest at this stage to set this up, you can of course go along independently ... in which case I may well see you there!
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby boringchap » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:52 pm

My car must surely be back from the car hospital in time for this, SURELY!!! :? Was at this event a couple of years ago and it was excellent.
Tom.
boringchap
OC Member

Postby Hotch » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:27 pm

Count me in, I've missed too many events this year
Hotch

Postby Hotch » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:28 am

Well, how shall I start? As I was the only representative of our club at this event I really should let you know what a cracking day out you have missed. Many car clubs were in attendance, BMW, Minis (both types), American and classics. A very large crowd was thrilled by stunt driving in a legend racer and a TVR as well as a stunt motor cycle rider. This display was complemented by two different aerobatic displays and the Golden Lions Parachute display team dropped in to say hello as well. It was difficult to make much of an impact with only one car, but I did manage to get the interest of two 5 owners from Fife who have promised to make contact in the near future. All in all, Lauren, my daughter, and I had a good day out. I would say that it is a good platform to promote our club from next year.
Hotch

Postby Colin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:33 am

I'm glad someone kept the Club flag flying Paul, so thanks for trying to look like a Club stand.

Glad you felt it was a worthwhile day. It's an event I fancied going along to if free so, as you say, maybe next year ...
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby Hotch » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:42 am

Definately worth while Colin. The attendance by the general public was huge, and the car clubs are a major feature, guaranteeing a good level of exposure
Hotch

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside