Photos from Knockhill 1st June.

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

Postby Baron von Ripper » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:12 am

Superb photo's :D
Baron von Ripper

Postby annette » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:17 am

Malc wrote:Image

You see i can do it, good photo, might frame this one, need some proof the car stayed on the track some of the time.
annette

Postby Si » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:27 pm

I didn't manage to take any photos. It would be nice if some of the photos could be uploaded on to the events page associated with the event (http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?event_id=155) .............. ;)

If none of the photographers object, would it be ok for me to upload them to this site if they don't want to?

Cheers,
Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Baron von Ripper » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:11 pm

annette wrote:You see i can do it, good photo, might frame this one, need some proof the car stayed on the track some of the time.

Was that in the pit lane, annette

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Baron von Ripper

Postby ceathorne » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Ooooo-eeeerrrr !!!! Andy's going the wrong way !!! :shock: BRAKE !!!!!

Thought that you were coming to take your AFM back :D
Colin Eathorne
1992 1.6 S-Special Roadster
Brilliant Black
JR-CAI, 14 degree timing, RockDoc's AFM, cat-bypass, Larini s/s exhaust, gold BBS's, Eagle F1's, big brake upgrade, roof by RichardN ... still with a broken back bumper and usually filthy!
ceathorne

Postby rockdoc » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Thought i,d try the circuit in an anti clockwise direction for a change :D
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Postby PaulDS » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Si wrote:I didn't manage to take any photos. It would be nice if some of the photos could be uploaded on to the events page associated with the event (http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?event_id=155) .............. ;)

If none of the photographers object, would it be ok for me to upload them to this site if they don't want to?

Cheers,
Si

Elaine said Go Ahead, saves her a job.
PaulDS

Postby annette » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:58 pm

Baron von Ripper wrote:
annette wrote:You see i can do it, good photo, might frame this one, need some proof the car stayed on the track some of the time.

Was that in the pit lane, annette

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: no but i did get confused on my way out of the pit lane when we had finished putting my car back together. I am still laughing, everything that could go wrong went wrong but i enjoyed every minute.
annette

Postby DouglasH » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:13 pm

Annette your a star, :lol: you had the guts to do it despite not getting to your beginners track course beforehand, or even missing out on the novice's two lap practice (thanks guys :oops: :wink: ) at the start of the session, you learned the rudiments the hard way, with lots of help from the others, so you had a few technical problems (warning to others with aluminium hex head tyre valve dust caps, GET RID OF THEM NOW) but at the end of the day You were the only girl on the track and you enjoyed yourself, see you next year.
DouglasH

Postby Si » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:21 pm

DouglasH wrote:or even missing out on the novice's two lap practice (thanks guys :oops: :wink: )

No-one to blame but herself Douglas ;)

Annette, what caused you to spin out so frequently? Did you spin 3 times at the same corner, or was it a different one each time?

Si
Si

Postby annette » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:22 pm

DouglasH wrote:Annette your a star, :lol: you had the guts to do it despite not getting to your beginners track course beforehand, or even missing out on the novice's two lap practice (thanks guys :oops: :wink: ) at the start of the session, you learned the rudiments the hard way, with lots of help from the others, so you had a few technical problems (warning to others with aluminium hex head tyre valve dust caps, GET RID OF THEM NOW) but at the end of the day You were the only girl on the track and you enjoyed yourself, see you next year.

:D You are sooooooo kind sir i will let you know in private if I can manage to attend next year, don't want to frighten other members from attending.
Thank you for all your help. Who was the gentleman that changed my tyre? I forgot to ask his name :oops:
annette

Postby annette » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Si wrote:
DouglasH wrote:or even missing out on the novice's two lap practice (thanks guys :oops: :wink: )

No-one to blame but herself Douglas ;)

Annette, what caused you to spin out so frequently? Did you spin 3 times at the same corner, or was it a different one each time?

Si

:shock: How can you blame me? I only got through the gates and they were gone, :arrow: i had to join into the second lap, and never having been on the track before it was very scary :roll:

3 times same corner, last one onto the gravel and that was me finished. :cry:
annette

Postby Si » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:58 pm

annette wrote::shock: How can you blame me?

Sorry, blame was a harsh word. We were all at the same briefing and all had the same info.

annette wrote:3 times same corner, last one onto the gravel and that was me finished. :cry:

Must've been a bad bend ;)

Si
Si

Postby frank boyle » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:13 pm

Folks.

Was on the pit wall on Friday night, wont be next time, will be in among it all.

Mega impressed with the commitment, and obvious enjoyment of all participants, and congrats to the organisers, who apparently had a hand in arranging the weather too

Excellent enjoyment.
frank boyle

Postby gm » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:36 am

Elaine's contribution, 183 photos

and they are all excellent - i am very grateful that Elaine took photos of me driving - i didn't have time to do it myself !

gm

Postby findlay » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Who had the flashy brakelight? Was very distracting... Silver Mk1?

And who was the guy with the SLR and big zoom lens at the hairpin? Looked very professional and I'm sure he has some great pics of me!!! :wink:
Long term MX5-less I miss my 5...
My Picasa Albums... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/findlay69
findlay

Postby gm » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:32 am

Who had the flashy brakelight? Was very distracting... Silver Mk1?

that would be me driving the silver mk1 pictured above - in the past, i've been rear ended twice (in different cars) so fitted this BackOFF module which is designed for bikers. It's been on for a couple of years and never caused a problem (hopefully prevented some, too).

If i'd realised that it was causing a nuisance on the track, i would happily have disabled it - literally a two second job.
gm

Postby Si » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:34 am

Only distracting because it was different. Once I'd realised that it was happening intentionally it didn't bother me.

In any case, I wasn't behind long enough for it to be a problem ;) :lol:

Did you buy it from that site in the states?

Si
Si

Postby gm » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 am

Did you buy it from that site in the states?

i couldn't find a uk distributor - not even those listed on their site had it in stock ! I quite like the idea of the horn / headlight modulator - a flash of full beam when you press the horn would certainly get someones attention - not much use for pop ups though !

In any case, I wasn't behind long enough for it to be a problem

Isn't that you 'breathing up my tailpipe' in the picture above, just about to go booming past on the back straight ?
gm

Postby Si » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:58 am

A quick move for your viewing pleasure :

Knockhill June 2007 remix (~ 33Mb)
(right click and Save As...)

Si
Si

PreviousNext

Return to Motorsport