Renault Megane - Radio

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

Renault Megane - Radio

Postby sbudge » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:17 am

I spending the holiday weekend tidying up my father in laws Megane :(

So far T cut it twice, polished and also waxed it, however he has losted the code for the radio (he has parkinsons). I would love to get it working before he returns, does anyone now how to reset it, by the way its a S reg
sbudge

Postby -- » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:55 am

Has happened to me too. 3 angles to consider.
1) If he has done it before, and had it recoded, the code may be on a sticker on the unit itself, but ofcourse you don't want to have to drift out if you can avoid it. If he has had it recoded before...check with the source, they may have a record of it. My local ICE company do that, and also print it on the invoice.
2) Have you checked the owner's manual pack..usually there is a radio envelope enclosed with a security section. There may be a small credit card size card with the number on.
3) You will never do it randomly or bypass it, and electronic recoding is the only remedy.
Was the unit removed or power to it shut off for a long period? Not clear if it is aftermarket or original.
--

Postby sbudge » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:41 am

Ecosse, thx

Its a built in radio, and he has lost all the documents to go with the radio, the joys of his illness, losses everything LOL. Just wonder if it was like the 5's radio where a series on button presses clears the memory?
sbudge

Postby -- » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:56 am

Sorry, I have no idea, but watch this space....the "Collective" may provide a solution. usually do!
--

Postby Gordon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:01 am

Hi Gordon of Borg here... :-)

This'll cost you but it's guaranteed to work...

http://instant-radio-codes.co.uk/?gclid ... QgodyH4g2Q

You will be assimilated, resistance is futile.
--
Gordon
Previously Kermit, Classic Red NA
Now Bottom, Blue NB RS Ltd
Gordon

Postby Jo M » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:37 am

If I was you I would contact Renault customer services and explain your father in laws circumstances and see if they could possibly find the code via your chassis number or something. It's worth a try before you have to spend any money getting the code. I have an uncle with Parkinsons and I have every sympathy - play on the heartstrings of Renault and tell them that going out in the car is his only source of pleasure and hopefully you get someone nice who will help you out. Phone number is 08000 723372 only open Mon-Fri (not bank holidays). Good luck :)
2003 Silver 1.8i MX-5 Navy Hardtop - Hardtop in shed yeahhh!!
Jo M

Postby sbudge » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:06 pm

Thanks everyone for your help.
sbudge

Postby frank boyle » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Had similar issue with my Dads Honda.

The original selling garage had a record, and interestingly enough, he told me all HONDA garages could have access to the code.

Just spoke to my favourite SAAB dealer, they retain all the records of cars they sell as well.
frank boyle

Postby svthou » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:09 pm

yes agreed. i lost my renault code and they gave me it over the phone after asking the reg number.I did think at the time that it wasnt a very secure method as i could have just robbed it from some poor bugger and phoned in with the reg number :shock:
svthou

Return to ICE and Music