Impromptu Run.. Sunday 4th July

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Impromptu Run

Postby Gavin » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:17 pm

Well, Douglas that was a cracker of a run. Interesting twist at the end with the roller coaster and water splashes. The car is now covered in a nice sandy sheen.The weather was superb. When we left you to get on the M77 there was no rain after all and couldn't stop to put hoods down. :( Plus after that lunch I don't think I'll need to eat until tomorrow. :lol: Anyway good to see everyone and roll on Benderloch.

Gavin
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Richardn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:45 pm

So was lunch 3 hours this time? :lol:

Couldn't make it as I have a deadline to finish the bathroom before Callander Classic
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:09 pm

No Nardinis was given the big E..we chose the Waterside Inn which lies between Seamill and Ardrossan, right on the coast, great views of Arran and believe it or not we arrived before the restaurant was open, :shock: as Gav said food was excellent, sat outside afterwards soaking up the sun, could have stayed there all afternoon. After leaving Kilwinning and the boring bit, twisties started again through Auchentiber and Stewarton where Jim aka Hardtrack was to leave us, but he decided to continue to Glasgow, down the roller coaster Stewarton road, which was fine until we reached the Glasgow side where we found out big time it had been monsoon season, round a bend at 50 only to be confronted by a duck pond where the road once was, slow down and thru the middle was just ok for the first 3 cars but then this car travelling the opposite direction appeared and oblivious to the depth of water hit the puddle full tilt..leading to shower time for Gavin, luckily he did have his side window up, a quick call on the radio was followed by ***tard and other expletives, we can laugh about it now but it could have been worse..if I'd been fourth car :lol: :lol: (sorry Gav)
Before lunch was good too, stopped at our usual tight car park above Greenock, no problem with 8 cars, then over the old Largs road by the Greenock Cut, down thru Brisbane Glen to Largs.

A relaxed and enjoyable day, weather was kind to us and it was nice to see a couple of new members...roll on Benderloch.
Last edited by DouglasH on Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DouglasH

Postby don.b » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:01 pm

Yep I've got to agree, it was a great day and a great run. One of the highlights of the day was watching Douglas eat a "Desperate Dan" portion of Highland Chicken.

The water splashes on the way back were also fun, we were in front of poor Gavin when he got soaked by the maniac :twisted: in the Golf, in the mirror his car looked like a submarine surfacing!

Looking forward to the next run.
"My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic."

email: mx-5@blueyonder.co.uk
don.b

Postby DouglasH » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:10 am

A couple of Pics.

Above Greenock

Waterside Inn West Kilbride
Last edited by DouglasH on Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DouglasH

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:45 am

Thanx for a decent day,was nice to put faces to the names,great route,will hopefully be at next one :D
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Impromptu Run

Postby Levenhowe » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:37 pm

Sunday was our first "Run" and the sun shone 8)
It was Brilliant :D
So just a quick thank you to everyone for the warm welcome and a very enjoyable day :D
MX5's are good but they are not that good!!

topdown ... Make your own mind up ...

Chrome makes your car look like a tarts handbag...

MX5OC = Owners who do lunch ...
Levenhowe

Postby DouglasH » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:53 pm

Pictures added.
DouglasH

Previous

Return to Central Scotland