Holiday in France 2007

Events of interest to MX-5 owners. Please note the events listed are not MX-5 Owners Club events and as such they are entirely outside the Club's control.

Holiday in France 2007

Postby DouglasH » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:26 am

Mail from Fred Godson (Tyne Tees) which I have edited, if anyone is interested in the holiday please get in touch with me and I will send them the full version which includes the survey Fred carried out to guage the preferences of the Tyne Tees members that showed an interest.

Hello Douglas,

Fred from Tyne Tees calling.

I know I will probably see you and some of your colleagues next Sunday at Holy Island but wanted to tell you about an MX-5 holiday in France we're thinking about for September 2007, and invite any of your members who might be interested to join in, or at least get in touch to ask more about it. NO ONE IS COMMITTING THEMSELVES TO ANYTHING BY RESPONDING.

You'll get the flavour of what I'm talking about from the attached message from me to Jen dated 1 May.

Feel free to forward this message and its attachments to any of your members, and we can perhaps have a natter next Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Cheers,

Fred.

So here's the proposal :

That we make the trip for a fortnight in early September 2007, go via ferry and straight down south to the French Riviera. That we stay at a leisure complex called La Baume/La Palmeraie, which is two or three miles from Frejus, and where you can hire either a caravan or a small cottage, or maybe even a tent. All self-catering, but it has a restaurant on site as well as a small supermarket and a big swimming pool. Restaurants of Frejus and St Raphael within easy driving/taxi distance. Its website is

www.labaume-lapalmeraie.com

Graham and Tracy Hakin and I stayed there in the summer of 2000 and we all enjoyed it. It's very close to the beautiful area of Provence, with loads of potential for runs out in the hills, as well, of course, as the beaches of places such as Nice, Cannes and St Tropez. Monte Carlo within striking distance. However, the road along the coast is narrow and pretty busy.

September would be after the bulk of the frogs have finished their own holidays but still, usually, warm and sunny.

What does anybody think?

Cheers,

Fred.

Regards the noo,

Fred.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:56 pm

Fred has asked if anyone interested in this 2007 holiday could get in touch, he is about to start booking, as there are five TT members interested so far...
Fred Godson e-mail
tyneteesmx-5@yahoogroups.com
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:04 pm

Update if anyone is interested or still to book their summer holiday, could even pick up the National Rally on the way back (16th Sept)...

Unexpectedly, there is a vacancy for our Tyne Tees Region MX-5 holiday in France. Brief details :

4 cars containing 7 people already going.

Departing Tyne Tees region probably Thursday 30 August, arriving French Riviera Saturday 1 September.

Staying for a week at a holiday village near Frejus/St Raphael.

Booking at that village already made for a chalet for 2 persons (but it could possibly take another two in bunk beds) - this is the vacancy - those who booked cannot now make it.

Departing the Riviera Saturday 8 September, and motoring at a more leisurely pace back north, with a 2-nights stop near Verdun, heading to return to England on Friday 14 September.

No ferry crossings yet booked in either direction. Thinking possibly of sailing from North Shields or Hull, but all yet to be decided.

Why not come and join us - I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Please contact me for further details, costs etc., either by e-mail or telephone (0191 2516719).

Cheers,

Fred.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:57 pm

Last chance for the two person chalet, Fred has to make the booking by 7th April.

Please contact Fred for further details, costs etc., either by e-mail or telephone (0191 2516719).
DouglasH

Return to Other Events