Hey!

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hey!

Postby Kev-ush » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi, I've just join this forum, been on the mx5oc forum for a coulpe of days now. Also joined the mx5oc club today. I stay in Inverurie where I think I seen a few of you lot driving about (white mx, british racing green mx with a body kit and a silver mx).

I bought my first mx (Eunos) a couple of months ago. It is a cat C damaged repairable I bought from Overton Dismantlers that has had a light rear shunt. The last owner had done a bit of modifying but none of it is to my taste so the body kit will be coming off and replaced with the standard bumpers. My plan for it is to get it back on the road before the summer so I can have a bit of time driving it before it gets taken back off the road to get seam welded and turned into a road legal track day weapon. I've already been breaking the bank by buying bits for it I don't need just yet...so far I've fitted a hard dog twin diagonal roll bar, a set of low profile headlamps (still having problems fitting the headlamp covers)and I've got a set harnesses waiting to go in a soon as the bucket seats arrive. Also managed to find a set of carbon fibre door cards which will hopefully be arriving soon. Hopefully it will be ready to go to the body shop soon so it can get its VIC test and MOT'd. I will just be getting the damaged sorted but not painted...a full respray will be done after the seam welding gets done.

I'll post some pictures up when I get back from offshore.
Kev-ush

Postby Detritus » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 am

Hello

Welcome to the club.

I'm looking forward to the pics.

You're a brave man taking on a resto job like that was it a write off?
Detritus

Postby Kev-ush » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:46 am

Thanks for the welcome.

It wasn't a total loss write off. I'm going to get the rear panel replaced even though the guy at the body shop thinks it can be sorted. The diff casing was also broken but I've replaced that already. The only other damage is on the body kit which I'm going to replace with a standard kit...can't see a good Eunos go to was waste :D

Its not much to look at just now but I will be when its done. When it does get on the road it will be all different colours until its respray. It use to be red but someone resprayed it a goldy silver colour but I think I'm going back to red, although I've always wanted a white Eunos :?
Last edited by Kev-ush on Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev-ush

Postby PaulDS » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:15 am

Sounds like a very interesting project.
Look forward to seeing it.
Welcome Kev.
PaulDS

Postby Detritus » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:36 am

Red does look good 8) but it's a bit common up here :wink: :lol:

Silver Stone is much more sophisticated. :P
Detritus

Postby IanH » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:05 pm

Hey Kev, there seems to be a clump of us around Inverurie, welcome to the club, there's a meet next week at the Redgarth (see events section)http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?region=north&type=future if you're around.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Kev-ush » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:14 pm

IanH wrote:Hey Kev, there seems to be a clump of us around Inverurie, welcome to the club, there's a meet next week at the Redgarth (see events section)http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?region=north&type=future if you're around.

Yeah I did notice there were a few folk from Inverurie on here. Looks like we'll be able to branch off and have an MX5 owners club of Inverurie soon :lol:

I'm due back home on the 21st provided there are no more delays out here. So if I am back I'll try and see if I can make it. Only thing is I won't be coming up in the Mazda...it'll be a few more weeks till its back on the road.

Detritus wrote:Red does look good but it's a bit common up here

Silver Stone is much more sophisticated.
I was going to go for a Lexus red which is a bit brighter. I don't mind the colour that is on it that much but I am worried about getting a good colour match because its not the cars original colour
Kev-ush

Postby poing » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:35 pm

Just to say Image

Also looking forward to seeing the completed pics. If your doing all this work yourself then you could find yourself with a lot of new best friends :wink:
poing

Postby Kev-ush » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:07 pm

I'll be doing everything apart from replacing the rear pannel (don't have the time to do it myself) and respray. Although I'm still waiting on word to see if I'm getting my new house with a nice big double garage.
Kev-ush

Postby IanH » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:38 pm

Ah yes, the MX5 Owners Club - North Scotland East - Inverurie Chapter :lol:
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby The Pram » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Kev

hope to see you on the 21st and don't worry about not coming in a 5. With a few folk having their cars indoors for winter not everyone comes in theirs anyway.
If you can PM me your full details (name, address, membership number etc) I will add you to my mailing list so you can be kept updates with what is happening.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
2015 1.6 Sport Nav
The Pram

Postby findlay » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Welcome Kev!
Long term MX5-less I miss my 5...
My Picasa Albums... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/findlay69
findlay

Postby Kev-ush » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:31 pm

findlay wrote:Welcome Kev!
Thanks :D ...and just the sort of person I need to speak to (someone with a supercharger).

I was going to buy a turbo kit for mine but I've just ordered a 4-2-1 manifold and a IL exhaust so I'll be going for the supercharger now instead...they any good?
Kev-ush

Postby malcolm » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Well, If you don't mind me saying so.

He's no right in the heed.

Isn't that right Findlay Darling.
malcolm

Postby PaulDS » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:38 pm

Kev-ush wrote:
findlay wrote:Welcome Kev!
Thanks :D ...and just the sort of person I need to speak to (someone with a supercharger).

I was going to buy a turbo kit for mine but I've just ordered a 4-2-1 manifold and a IL exhaust so I'll be going for the supercharger now instead...they any good?

Just what you NEED
PaulDS

Postby Kev-ush » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:41 pm

malcolm wrote:Well, If you don't mind me saying so.

He's no right in the heed.

Isn't that right Findlay Darling.

:D thats alright neither I'm I...If you're nae fast you're last.
Kev-ush

Return to New Users