What was your Favourite Run or Event this year.

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

What was your Favourite Run or Event this year.

Postby DouglasH » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:51 am

What run or event did you enjoy best this year :?: perhaps it was your first run with the club :?: was it a weekend event or a Sunday run :?: don't be shy, tell us your favourite and we might even repeat it next year.

My own favourites were :-

Benderloch Run :D
Midnight Sun weekend Run :D
DouglasH

Postby don.b » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:41 pm

Hi Douglas,

Our favorite was the Midnight Sun Run, (excluding the mobile chicane :roll: and the ferry crossing, say no more :evil: )

Ian, Murray, Alan and I had a great "sprint" back from Fort William to Callander, roofs down, through the sun and the rain.

I hope we do this run again in 2005, maybe even have a Midnight Barby !

Don.
"My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic."

email: mx-5@blueyonder.co.uk
don.b

Postby murwilson » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:01 am

Liz&Don wrote:Ian, Murray, Alan and I had a great "sprint" back from Fort William to Callander, roofs down, through the sun and the rain.

Yep, I remember that run back down the road and the stop in Fort William to get the rain out of the inside of my sunglasses.

This was my favourite run of the year, had a great time and made some new friends. I sincerely hope this one is repeated next year.

murwilson

PS, Don, tell Liz that Lynne went and bought P6UUR and it's all her fault!

mur
Hers - '08 Stormy Blue MK3 Sport, factory lowered, k&n filter, Toyo Proxes PX4, I.L. Motorsports stainless exhaust.
http://www.mymx5.org
His - '08 Deep Bronze Civic Type R. Standard. It's a hooligan!
murwilson

Postby Richardn » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:53 am

Easter was pretty good. With the Quiet :? nights in the bar :lol:
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Gavin » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:32 pm

Yes, Easter was good apart from the dust, I can still find it in the car. Mid nigt sun run was also good, but, thank God I didn't have to put up with the mobile chicane :wink: :wink: :wink: Tow ropes needed next time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Fee » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:13 pm

Benderloch, but it was my first and only one this year. Looking forward to lots next year though, the midnight run sounds like fun
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby Si » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:42 pm

THOROUGHLY enjoyed the run up to Benderloch but would like to actually to complete the next run....... that's the last time I follow Gordon ;)

My work arrangements are begining to settle down a bit so I hope to make it to more of the runs/meets!

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Favourite Run

Postby grouse » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:21 pm

They were ALL good - for different reasons!

My first - Aviemore - when Gavin stopped the convoy because a "newbie" had spotted a toilet sign and thought of "self before Club"! :oops: :oops:

Midnight Sun - great run, especially leading the convoy over the Skye Bridge in driving rain - internal water level seemed to be halfway up the windows! :) Enjoyed overnight stay - developing friendships! :lol: :lol:

Benderloch - especially the A814 "Switchback" to Arrochar! (sorry Si, will focus more on directions, less on overtaking wally-trolleys!) :oops: :lol:

Castle Run (North) - a "cultural" day out, round some NE castles - well organised, in super weather!

There were others, but the above stand out.

We've met some great folk, enjoyed some great runs and are looking forward to making a positive contribution in 2005! :D :D
Grouse

Another fine example of
"low-flying technology!"
grouse

Postby CharlesK » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:26 am

Easter run was probably our favourite with good food, accomodation, company and roads.
Benderloch and midnight sun were also enjoyable and for interesting locations the castle run organised by the northern group stands out

chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Central Scotland