Dealer questionnaire

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Dealer questionnaire

Postby graeme » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:57 am

We need a little help. The club wants us to return a questionnaire about dealerships in the area and, given the size of this area, we want you to give us some help. Please remember that this is an open forum and that we are subject to the laws of libel (seriously). Please answer them by using the question number
The questions we need help with are:

Q1: Please give details of the Mazda dealers in your area. Give as much detail as you can (sales/service manager, address, contact, phone etc).

Q2: How long have they had the dealership? <1 yr, 1-3 yrs, 3-5 yrs,>5yrs

Q3: Are you aware of any imminent changes in terms of new franchises or lost franchises? (remember the libel bit! :wink: )

Q4: How would you rate (good/satisfactory/poor) the following:
awareness of the club
Support given (ie discounts etc)
Support given directly (hosting events. raffle prizes etc)
Invitations to dealre events
Other

Q5: We won't bother with Q5, it's just too libellous

Q6 - Q7 are for ACs

Q8: Have you seen club advertising cards in the dealers showroom?

The rest of the questions are for Douglas and me to make up the answers to :wink:

Thanks for your help. If you'd rather comment via PM please feel free to do so.

Again, please remember to watch what you're saying.
graeme

Postby DouglasH » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:49 am

Questionnaires to be in by the end of the month, anyone been to Barnetts of Dundee yet.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:44 pm

Been in touch with :-

Arnold Clark Paisley.
Shields Glasgow.
Phoenix Linwood.
Bickets Kilmarnock (thanks Phil)
Arnold Clark Aberdeen (thanks Stevieg)
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:38 pm

Thanks also to Murray for supplying the details of the once Barnetts of Kirkcaldy, now taken over by Arnold Clark.

Questionnaire's sent in today 31st October.
DouglasH

Postby Richardn » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:16 pm

Arnold Clark Mazda Stirling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Libel laws?? :lol: Service Dept 3 fingured monkeys?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Try disproving it :P
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:06 am

I personally know the head salesman in Bickets,never bought a car from him as basically they aint interested unless you finance a new Mazda,if you want a used car,forget going there,their 2nd hand cars in the forecourt are the dregs people don't want,dented,scratched,wrong colours and base models................go look for yourself,i tried for years to find a replacement 626 only to find overpriced crap in their forecourt,only reason i looked as it's only 7 miles from me :roll:.As of Mazda Paisley,i bought a 3 year old 626 from them just over 2 years back.The car was immaculate,but the whole aircon,heater ,fan unit stopped working the day i bought the car due to it being messed about with to fit a new cd as this unit is below the cd.I took the car back and they said they would take a unit from another car they had for sale,bit strange,but fair enough.i picked the car up,only to notice a 3 inch gouge into the primer on the rear quarter and a bad ding in top of the bootlid.When confronted after another run back to Paisley,they denied all knowledge of this( as if i'd buy a car a few days before with this on it,after going over the car with a toothbrush!)but said we'll fix the dent.I was so pissed off i just said ok and resigned myself to getting the gouge sprayed.After another few days of courtesy car,i picked my car up in the rain.I went out to the car in the morning and every flat panel on the car had black specs turning brown in the wet...........spray from a grinder,hot metal spray into the laquer,needless to say i took the car back again!!!!! ,said i want my money back and to keep the car.To cut a long story short,the general manager was pulled in and had the cheek to tell me they don't use grinders in the garage,HELLO! must be only garage on the planet not to!.He said cant we just flatten the laquer and burnish it up for you :roll: .............yep no problem,i'll buy a car a week ago,it gets potholed with your grinder spray ,so you just flatten all the car and burnish it up........mug not!,i got a cheque written out there and then after erm getting told it was a bit much threatening to kill the head salesman in the forecourt :roll: .........Arnold Clark Paisley are the dealers from hell and i wouldn't let them touch a pram..........forgot to add they broke the aircon surround taking it off with a flathead screwdriver............never heard of wrapping a cloth round the flat end before you prize,as of libel,the above is fact :x never again!
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Phil » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:44 pm

Can't agree with you Hardtrack, :? ( Bickets - Kilmarnock) I have never bought a car with finance from them or anybody else, if you look round the used car lot you will find some models worse than others, but that is to be expected.

I have found the sales people to be quite informed about the cars they are selling, not had any bullshit from them. :)

Service dept. also seem to be up to scratch, book your car in and the job is done on time and at the price agreed. :)

Received 10% discount from them for any spares. :)
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Hardtrack » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:41 am

Maybe it was just my bad luck that after a year of looking in their forecourt,every pre owned 626 they had was scratched,dented and bottom of the range models in greens and golds and generally colours no one wanted :roll:,i'm glad you are happy with Bickets Phil and i suppose they will be happy with you to as you generally pay through the nose with them as they are independant compared to the main Mazda dealerships.I got what i wanted from Mazda Stirling 2 years newer,immaculate condition and 1200 quid cheaper than what Bickets could offer me,also 700 more of a trade in........but as long as were both happy,thats the main thing :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Return to Central Scotland