engine temperature ?

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

engine temperature ?

Postby gm » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:05 pm

i'm a little concerned about the temperature of my engine, i hope someone can offer advice and put my mind at rest.

i have a '97 1.8i which is running fine but the engine temperature when i open the bonnet seems to be very high compared to other cars i've experienced. the guage sits happily just to the left of centre (although i've heard that they're not too accurate), the oil pressure is just to the right of centre, the oil level is fine, the coolant reserve is filled.

am i being paranoid ? do these engines just run hot ?
gm

Postby Phil » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:30 pm

I don't think that any car gauge is that accurate but if everything seems ok, levels are normal I don't think there is anything to worry about.
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby gm » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:39 pm

i'll keep an eye out for anything untoward. it's quite possible that i was driving a little too 'enthusiatically'. damn good fun, though !
gm

Fitted

Postby loftladderman » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:41 pm

In my Greddy I was concerned about the heat of water (reading from the original gauges that is) and oil so fitted proper gauges.
Surprise, surprise, the original ones may not have any accuracy about them but they were not so far of the readings of the proper ones.
Close the bonnet and enjoy the car :-) LOL
Regards from Mack
Greddy Turbo :-)
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Return to Technical