Hello, Newbie here

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hello, Newbie here

Postby lewiseunos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi guys,

Im lewis

Been longing to be on this forum but did not realise until i sold my hold hood frame to Richard? that the domain had changed or something?

But anyways i have a green eunos roadster nothing done under the bonnet other than an induction kit and cat bypass. few minor body mods but like the car the way it is :wink:

Was going to come to the meet you had on the 2nd of january but i think i was still over limit so save than sorry.

hope to come to a road trip some time.

lewis

No games, just fun...;-)
lewiseunos

Postby Colin » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi Lewis

Good to have you on board ... and nice motor! Liking the wheels particularly. :D
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby Wesly » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:06 pm

welcome to the forum mate... your car looks stunning!
No more Mx5... but the MR2 is a beast and a half!

Performance over Chrome!!!!
Wesly

Postby secat187 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:36 pm

Looks good
secat187

Postby lewiseunos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:40 pm

Hi the wheels look great i like them alot but the picture dont capture the laqure lifting on them. but there coming off in two mins if i win an ebay auction lol. But the car is a bit dirty in the pic, just been through inverkeithing quarry hehe, but I have a few mk2 golfs and thats where i spend my ime mostly.

Does anyone ever feel the car is very light on the rear? my car wants to slide about and to my knowledge the diff is not welded or LSD, uprated clutch tho....
No games, just fun...;-)
lewiseunos

Postby Wesly » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:44 pm

your changing those wheels? are you nuts they look unbeleivable!!!

i'll pm you soon about the side skirts etc

will try and work towards a deal with you if we can figure something out mate
im also about to put a few pictures up. so check back in 5minutes or so
No more Mx5... but the MR2 is a beast and a half!

Performance over Chrome!!!!
Wesly

Postby secat187 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:46 pm

Tyre types and pressures make a great deal of difference with these cars. What are you running on?
secat187

Postby -- » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:55 pm

Lovely all round great photograph as well!.Alloys are identical to what I got extra with old Bruce too. Not as shiny though, these look stunning. I can feel a wheel polish coming on for the Spring!
--

Hello

Postby Jim » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:27 pm

Lewis,
Nice to see one of the many fellow Dunfermline 5 drivers actually using the Forum :shock:

I'll keep an eye out for your car and flash when you pass.

You'll get a slightly better view of my car in this old post
http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/view ... ence+clear

Great photo of your car by the Forth Bridge :)

Definately make some of the club runs. A great bunch and driving through the countryside in a convoy of 20 or 30 MX-5s is a great experience 8)
Drop the hood and let the world in 8-)

Jim
Jim
OC Member
Jim Tolson

Postby MichaelG » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:48 pm

Welcome mate!

Cars looking very nice there!

I dont suppose you were travelling towards Edinburgh at roughly 5 - half 5 on Tuesday evening?

Mike
MichaelG

Postby Enjay » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Hi there. Nice looking car and a great location for a pic. :)
Enjay

Postby Colin » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:04 pm

lewiseunos wrote:Does anyone ever feel the car is very light on the rear? my car wants to slide about ...

Probably one of the most talked about issues on this forum over the years! It's simply because the car's so light, tight at cornering and front wheel drive: this combo can push the back out very easily ...

... as a number of walls, trees and at least one house (yes house!) will testify to from various members over the years. :roll:

All sorts of theories about best tyres, sandbags in the boot, etc have been discussed, but basically you just have to learn to corner slower or skid properly! :D
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby Si » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi Lewis :o

Nice car! So all those years with MX-5s milling around you in ss-R were just too tempting???

Simon
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby findlay » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi Lewis and welcome to the forum :) (I'm liking the bumper... where did that come from?)
Long term MX5-less I miss my 5...
My Picasa Albums... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/findlay69
findlay

Postby lewiseunos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:59 pm

Thanks for the comments on the car.

the wheels are running 28 psi and it is running pirreli p6000. ok rubber in the dry but useless in the wet.

the wheels are nice but they are only 14's and i have a few sets of MIM alloys but cant choose. both sets (german and british) i want them on my car. not really wanting to sell the wheels but i promise ill have them on for club runs since people like them haha,
I was in edinburh on tuesday mate as i was going to work in livi for my set of nights. i think i seen you at the newbridge roundabout???

but been a fan of the cars for a while but insurance has not been kind to me so had to wait a while. im still young and insurance brokers just dont like giving insurance on rwd cars lol

lewis

the bumper was on the car when it come in from japan, the previ owner thought it was made or produced for HKS??? not sure but the guy sid when he got the car it ws covere in hks stuff
No games, just fun...;-)
lewiseunos

Postby filgreen » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:20 pm

Colin wrote:
lewiseunos wrote:Does anyone ever feel the car is very light on the rear? my car wants to slide about ...

Probably one of the most talked about issues on this forum over the years! It's simply because the car's so light, tight at cornering and front wheel drive: this combo can push the back out very easily ...

... as a number of walls, trees and at least one house (yes house!) will testify to from various members over the years. :roll:

All sorts of theories about best tyres, sandbags in the boot, etc have been discussed, but basically you just have to learn to corner slower or skid properly! :D

Errm... My cars got rear wheel drive!!
Shiny Red has been replaced by:

filgreen

Postby Pauly » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Colin wrote:All sorts of theories about best tyres, sandbags in the boot, etc have been discussed, but basically you just have to learn to corner slower or skid properly! :D

Jackie Stewart once said that he never pressed the throttle unless he was sure he didn't have to take it off again. Pretty sage advice :)

And yes, my car is also rear wheel drive :wink:
2003 Silver 1.8i Sport
Pauly

Postby poing » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:15 pm

Welcome lewis :D

Nice car and photo location.

I'm sure when you want to get rid of your wheels you'll have no problems getting someone to buy them, my wheels are only 14's as well but that just means cheaper tyres and only running 185's which is handy when you want the back end to be mobile :wink:
poing

Postby sgibson » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:10 pm

Hi, cool car! You do realise that those wheel (the polished versions) are super light and highly sought after? 8)
sgibson

Postby mike9jr » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:05 am

Nice motor Lewis.
Tail end lightness is defo those shite tyres. Had the same probs on Pirelli's myself, been fine eversince on Toyo's.

The 15" Wolfrace alloys on my sig will be up for grabs soon fella's, shod with good Toyo T1-s's. Could solve your problems??

Mike
Mike
1.8 sv-t sport.
MX number 5!!
mike9jr
OC Member

Next

Return to New Users