MX-5 european meeting at the mighty Nurburgring - July 2007

Events of interest to MX-5 owners. Please note the events listed are not MX-5 Owners Club events and as such they are entirely outside the Club's control.

MX-5 european meeting at the mighty Nurburgring - July 2007

Postby Themis » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:32 pm

Hello everybody.

Recently, a new unofficial club for the Miata was created in Greece, the TrackMiata (http://www.trackmiata.gr/). TrackMiata's main objective is the approach of the "racing side" of the MX-5 and the organization of unofficial automotive activities for Greek MX-5 owners and fans, such as trackdays, autocross etc.

Next summer, we intend to visit the Nurburgring Nordschleife, the most famous circuit in the world. We have already checked the 2007 calendar and have settled for the period 25th - 29th of July. The trip is already scheduled and all that is left to do, is to arrange accommodation and some other minor details.

So, we came up with an idea. Why not invite all European MX-5 clubs to this journey and maybe arrange a european MX-5 summer meeting? The Nurburgring is situated almost in the center of Europe, in the Eiffel mountains of west Germany (near Koblenz and Cologne), which makes it more convenient than any other place for such a great meeting. What is more, it is a very common traveling destination for most petrolheads and it is a must-visit place for everybody who is into motorsport!! It is an ideal road trip for MX5ers. If you have never heard of the Nurburgring, here's a video with a miata around it, to give you an idea. The video is ONE full lap!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mirl0QhEDPQ

The particular dates (25th-29th of July) were chosen because Nordschleife has the most opening hours for the public during this period , plus, it usually has the best weather there.

Just to be clear, we are not organizing an official event. We are simply informing all MX-5 Clubs of the dates that we are going to be on the Nurburgring and it would be perfect if members of every club all over Europe would join us on those particular dates. Imagine a few dozens of miatas to the world's most thrilling and challenging circuit!!

We can provide anyone with any information necessary (accommodation booking and anything else needed) and many of us at TrackMiata have already been to the Nurburgring, so we know our way around and will do our best so that every MX5er will have a most enjoyable journey!!

Several european clubs have already been notified and more are to come. We have an international section on TrackMiata's forum, where we will be discussin all details and answering questions, so stay tuned ;)

I have already been to the Nurburgring twice, but never with my miata. Going there with my beloved car with many other MX5ers would be my best dream comming true!!

Please, forward this to your clubs, if you like the idea!!

Thank you,
The TrackMiata Team
http://www.trackmiata.gr

P.S.
TrackMiata is free of charge. There is no financial profit of any kind.
Themis

Postby L111CHT » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:58 pm

goddam it if my holidays are not booked for July 16-22 this year. damn, blast and buggeration!!! :evil:
L111CHT

Postby Themis » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:04 pm

I forgot to mention that although the TrackMiata forum is greek, there is an international section, so that discussions can be made by all european MX-5ers who are interested. We can brainstorm about the journey, meet each other better etc :)
Themis

Postby rockdoc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:31 pm

H,mm :roll:
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Postby Themis » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:14 pm

rockdoc wrote:H,mm :roll:

I hope there is no problem me posting this here...!! I contacted the same way all other MX-5 clubs. If there is a problem, I'm sorry...Please, let me know.

Unless if there is something else you wanted to tell...! :)
Themis

Postby kevham » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:20 pm

Themis wrote:

I hope there is no problem me posting this here...!! I contacted the same way all other MX-5 clubs. If there is a problem, I'm sorry...Please, let me know.

Themis - dont worry - that is Rockdoc figuring out how he can fit in a week off to get to Germany for your meeting. :lol:

I suspect there may be a few of us trying to work out how we could get there...... :lol:
1998 Mk2 1.8i - owned 2004-2010
1998 Mk2 Roadster VS - sold to MX5parts.co.uk
1994 Mk1 1.8iS - owned 1998-2001

Visit my blog www.racingfive.co.uk
kevham

Postby sgibson » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:28 pm

Off topic - but I saw your link to your Sim Racing setup with GTLegends! It looks awesome - I love GT Legends! 8)
sgibson

Postby Themis » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:18 pm

Thank you very much :D

I'm very much into racing simulators. Here is the video link for anyone else interested: GT Legends with FREX cockpit

As for the roadtrip...I really hope I can see as many of you as possible!! Like I said, I've been there twice and fun is guaranteed, especially if so many MX-5ers are going to get gathered!! So far, it's looking good, quite a few people have shown interest!! 8)

Getting to the ring from Scotland is certainly a lot easier than going there from Athens...so, don't give up.

There is a very good british forum for Nordschleife fans where you can ask a lot of info for the trip from the UK. You can find that forum on www.northloop.co.uk [northloop is the translation of Nordschleife ;) ]
Themis

Postby rockdoc » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 am

Themis wrote:

Themis- Kev is right , i was thinking on how i can use my holidays- i,d love to give it a try.
Sorry bout the mis-understanding :D
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Postby Themis » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:46 am

No problem!! :)

I don't want to affect your decision, guys [actually, that is exactly what I'm trying to do :lol: ], but you don't want to miss it!! :P

Seriously though, the Nurburgring -for those of you who have never heard of it- is not just another track. It's not only about its huge lap length [although size does matter], but the layout, the landscape, the variety of corners, everything is so perfect that once you go there you get the "ring decease" and you will always need to be going back regularly :roll:

It really is an amazing experience and if you add to this that it will be an MX-5 european meeting, even kind of "unofficial", it really makes it worth the trip!!
Themis

Postby L111CHT » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:25 pm

not sure I like the sound of contracting any form of ''ring disease'' :lol:
L111CHT

Postby findlay » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:14 pm

If you're making this an annual event count me in for 2008 - my holiday pennies are all spent for this year now... :(
Long term MX5-less I miss my 5...
My Picasa Albums... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/findlay69
findlay

Postby Themis » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:21 pm

L111CHT wrote:not sure I like the sound of contracting any form of ''ring disease'' :lol:

I'm still not certain if I think it's a bless or a curse...!! :?

From one hand, I'm really in love with the place, on the other hand the anticipation is so big everytime that I hate it...

Anyways...seriously, even if just only a few of you think you can synchronize and meet us there, I promise you we'll have a great time :wink: 8)
Themis

Postby Wesly » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:18 pm

damn! i really want to make this, but i have a mates wedding smack bang in the middle of it... maybe i could convince them to get married at the nurburgring? :P

but if you plan on an annual meeting i'll be saving for 2008! :)
No more Mx5... but the MR2 is a beast and a half!

Performance over Chrome!!!!
Wesly

Postby PaulDS » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Will give this serious thought :P
Will have to see how my work diary pans out and see if I can convince Elaine :wink:

Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby poing » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:07 pm

I would LOVE to do this but it's somehow sneaking the idea past the other half first. She has already told me she isn't going to the Nurburgring with me when I said I wanted to go this year. I'll keep working on a plan :wink:
poing

Postby -- » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:30 pm

poing wrote:I would LOVE to do this but it's somehow sneaking the idea past the other half first. She has already told me she isn't going to the Nurburgring with me when I said I wanted to go this year. I'll keep working on a plan :wink:

Poing. This is not rocket science.
From now till the Ring, lay aside small amounts of cash she will not miss. Two weeks before, begin to act out of character, but in slow degrees....emptying the bin, dishes, happy to shop, agree with everything, hoovering..flowers & choccies. Two/Three nights before, escalate it until she gets a bit worried,...start forgetting everything..preferably including her name.. and then.....disappear, and return from the Ring a week later claiming amnesia. Sorted.
--

Postby poing » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:54 pm

This may well have worked had I not read it!!! Better luck with the next idea hehe. Poings other half

Darn caught - again :cry:
poing

Postby malcolm » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Mrs Poing,

Go on both of you go, It's a beautifull place, after the meet just along the road is the river Rhine and the river Mosel, Jump on a converted barge and have a cracking time going down the Rhyne, "How romantic" Visit some of the German markets, You'll have a ball. I Promise.
malcolm

Postby Themis » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm

Mrs Poing,

I seriously and sincerely believe that such a trip is an excellent journey for a couple. And I'm not joking :)

The Nurburgring is situated on a place that reminds paradise on earth and accommodation around is excellent. The schedule will be flexible, so you can enjoy this trip the way you want!! 8)
Themis

Next

Return to Other Events