Impromptu Run.. Sunday 4th July

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Impromptu Run.. Sunday 4th July

Postby DouglasH » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:45 pm

Or call it withdrawal symptoms for those that can't wait another 3 weeks. Meet at The 'Paraffin Lamp Inn' on the A736 (Barrhead to Irvine road) at the junction with the B777 (Lugton to Beith road) 9.30 for 10.00, where we will do the Largs run. (from a few years ago) If you need any other info Contact me, or just let me know your coming.
DouglasH

Largs Run

Postby grouse » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:56 pm

Where's all the takers for the Largs Run?
I'm in for this, but wouldn't mind knowing the route, etc.
Anyone up for a run from the East/North to the Paraffin Lamp for 0930?
Gordon.
grouse

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:02 pm

Your not going the Fairlie moor road to Largs from Dalry are you,as i got bogged down on this road as mine is lowered ,lol.....i might go to this as i am a Club run virgin 8)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby DouglasH » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:22 pm

Was considering that Jim, but no as its best driven from Dalry.. spaghetti junction of North Ayrshire and want to avoid that. Route goes over the old Greenock to Largs road, by all the reservoirs. (Greenock Cut)

Not sure if I'll have a printed route, this was to be a low key affair, sort of obligement to a couple of members that asked for a meet, everyone is welcome of course and it would be good to meet you Jim, (I promise not to wave :lol: ) I will probably run off a copy of the Largs run we did 3 years ago.

Grouse..I will mail you about directions.
DouglasH

Postby Levenhowe » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:00 pm

Hi :)
We are new owners club members who maybe interested in the largs run as we have missed the big runs due to work commitments

Will you post a map?

Also will the club be attending Callander Classic Car Show?
If so what will the arrangements be?
MX5's are good but they are not that good!!

topdown ... Make your own mind up ...

Chrome makes your car look like a tarts handbag...

MX5OC = Owners who do lunch ...
Levenhowe

Postby Richardn » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:07 am

The Club has a stand at Callander Classic

Contact Graeme for a Rally plate (?6) gives entry both days

If you are staying in Callander there will be a social gathering on Saturday evening (driving not recommended :) )
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Hardtrack » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:11 pm

Don't need directions 8) ....the Paraffin Lamp is under 5 miles from me.The Fairlie moor road is a nice route to Largs,only prob with me was the last i was on it a cow had went awol from the field and i tried turn in one of the lay-bys and got bogged down on some gravel :oops: .........but no one should have any problems if you keep to the main road,just as i said ,mine is lowered and it was a choice of getting rammed with a ton cow or chance my luck and try turn,lol..i choose the latter and ended up ripping some of the underseal off the floor....now fixed of course and no damage :D ..........it's a terrible bumpy road to if your car is as stiff as mine :shock:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Gavin » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:37 pm

See you at the Parafin Lamp.

Gavin
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:56 pm

Directions to Paraffin Lamp Lugton. (via Barrhead)

From East (of Glasgow)?follow M8 thru Glasgow, after crossing Kingston Bridge take M77 Ayr/Kilmarnock, leave M77 at junction 3 SP A726 Paisley/East Kilbride, at off ramp turn right at traffic lights SP Paisley, under M77, (outer lanes) thru traffic lights, thru next traffic lights (Mac Donalds) past Sainsbury?s, at 2nd set of lights by Indian Restaurant turn left onto Parkhouse Road, at Dovecote roundabout go straight on SP Irvine A736, continue along Barrhead main st at roundabout with traffic lights take inside lane and go straight ahead, pass Tesco on right, continue on A736, just after sign for Dunlop on Left turn right for Paraffin Lamp.

From West/Greenock/Clyde Tunnel?Either:- thru Paisley take A726 Giffnock/East Kilbride, at Hurlet traffic lights take right hand fiter lane into Glasgow rd SP Barrhead, pass Esso station on right, continue to Dovecote roundabout take 3rd exit onto Barrhead main st then as above. Or:- follow M8 towards Glasgow, leave M8 at junction 22 Kinning Park,turn right at off ramp traffic lights (Seaward St) stay in outside lane (3rd from left) under M8, at traffic lights (still under M8 ) turn right back onto M8, stay in inside lane filter off for M77, then as directions from East.
DouglasH

Postby sandy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:27 am

Margo and I will be there

Sandy
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
sandy
OC Member
Sandy Pettigrew

Postby DouglasH » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:03 pm

Anyone following directions from above post, please note in case Paraffin Lamp is not open early, Esso station or Tesco in Barrhead may be of great relief :D and will be open.

Bear in mind as title suggests this is an Improptu Run and may not be as polished as normal monthly runs, I will however have a route to give out and hopefully should have somewhere to stop for Lunch.
DouglasH

Largs

Postby grouse » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:21 pm

Hi Doug!
"Not polished"? "Hopefully.... lunch"?
You have a reputation to maintain, and I am an overweight, hungry b****r!
Well, at least our cars will be polished!! :lol:
Lookin' forward to it - has the rain stopped yet?
Gordon.
grouse

Postby DouglasH » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:27 pm

Gordon..You know me too well :D :D Yes rain is off hopefully it will stay that way, looking forward to Sunday.
DouglasH

Postby CharlesK » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:35 am

Douglas

Sorry, but we cannot make Sunday's run :( :( as we have guests from Wales staying with us and we could not presuade them to try out the boot

Have a good run and we will see you next time

chic and heather
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:49 pm

Its a sad day :cry: when Chic & Heather miss a run, even an improptu one, hope you don't find out the truth about me contacting your Welsh friends so that I could arrange the run for the 4th :lol: :lol: and at last you would miss one :twisted:
DouglasH

Postby Hardtrack » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:34 pm

Do all the cars at these runs look so immaculate ,u could eat ur dinner off them? :shock: .mines is dirty as i was cruising in it last night as i'm on hols,and i dont think wasting more dish towels from the kitchen collection ,will go down well today 8)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Hardtrack » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:43 pm

Ah your driving through my hometown in Stewarton........i can burn you all up on my roads(i will be going home and taking the other Mazda to do this) :P
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby DouglasH » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:31 pm

Thought we would make it easy for you Hardtrack since its your first run, oh by the way lunch is at yours :wink:

Route (the correct one 2004) has been sent out to all (Levenhowe I don't have a name or mail address for you)
DouglasH

Postby don.b » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:18 pm

Hi Douglas,

Liz and I will try to make it, we are 3/4 way through the decking project.

Liz needs a break as she's tired out watching me work.......only kidding she's a great help (and looking over my shoulder).

Maybe see you tomorrow.

Don.
"My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic."

email: mx-5@blueyonder.co.uk
don.b

Postby Fee » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:46 pm

So, how did it go?
Fee

Next

Return to Central Scotland