Beautiful day out

Post here if you'd like to share your best Scottish roads or best Scottish places to visit.

Beautiful day out

Postby malcolm » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:52 pm

Set off this morning with the roof down along the moray coast. Crossed the Kessock bridge and onto the Black isle, endid up in Rosemarkie where we stopped for lunch. What a beautiful day, what a bumpy road, we walked along the beach and in true Scottish spirit it started to rain. Roof up drove back across the Kessock bridge and down to Aviemore and cut across to Granton on Spey over the moors to Forres and back to Buckie.
Brilliant day out, can't believe it's december.

Wish you were all there Image
malcolm

Postby -- » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Used to rent a mobile home in Embo, and travel all around from there. That area is, in my opinion, one of Scotland's diamonds...the beach at Embo is fantastic. Used to watch the dolphins larking about from the caravan. Happy memories, fantastic drives.
--

Postby malcolm » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:24 pm

Whit dis this mean "Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"
does it mean "because of my sare rectum ah canni drive ma MX5"
malcolm

Postby -- » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Naw. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it :!:"

(Is the "Yellow Nuts Syndrome" spreading to the "outlet manifold"?)

Dont answer that! :roll:
--

Postby Enjay » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:14 pm

Yeah, I was out too. Didn't go quite as far or anywhere quite as pretty but I'd only been out for a few minutes when I realised that I needed to stop and take the roof down. The 5 minute journey I'd planned on making turned into a 1 hour blast along all the country roads I could find. :)
Enjay

buckie

Postby petrov » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:37 pm

use to have a summer house in nairn.forgot about the roads up there.need to do the road between grantown and nairn fun in an mx !!!
summertime see the relatives
petrov

Postby malcolm » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:45 pm

You have some brilliant roads not far from Clydebank, Although I live in buckie, I have only been here for 2.5years. I am from Kirkintilloch so I know a lot of cracking roads suitable for nipping around with the mx5.

Clydebank to milngavie to drymen to fintry over the hills to lennoxtown into kilsyth and over the hills again to the caron resivoir over the hills again to St Ninnians along the back roads to Killin stop and fill up with petrol and drive back home.

What a day out.Image
malcolm

Postby Colin » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:55 pm

Totally agree with you there Malcolm. My girlfriend stays in Keith but is originally from Caithness.

The runs over the Kessock Bridge to ... well, just about anywhere in that area are superb. I've been up to Dornoch and inland to the Millionaire's View ... and in the spring am hoping to go all the way to Orkney.

And that's without even mentioning the trip east from Buckie along the Morayshire coast ... some great villages.
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Return to Scottish Drives