Lammeruir Hills (Duns -> Gifford)

Post here if you'd like to share your best Scottish roads or best Scottish places to visit.

Lammeruir Hills (Duns -> Gifford)

Postby Zoom Zoom » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:31 pm

Two roads - to/from Duns over the Lammermuir hills are great. First is the B6355, which passes through Cranshaws, and by the Whiteadder Resevoir. A parrallel road (to the left of B6355 on map) runs through Longformacus. These runs between Gifford and Duns take around 40mins (each), and both roads offer nice twisties, great scenery, and optional sheep. Gifford is a nice place to visit, and provides the last toilet between it and Duns! You are also close to East Lothian coastal villiages such as North Berwick and Gullane. East Fortune is also close - so you can visit Concorde when it finally goes on show.
Zoom Zoom

concorde

Postby CharlesK » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:12 pm

That might be a while yet
Still had no wings when I was down there last week

Chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Meriadoc » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:31 am

Finished work early on Wendesday to take my 5 to the coachworks, so knowing I wouldn't be driving it for a week. I took the road from Duns to Dalkeith through Longformacus, had the top down of course. Great stuff!

I am really starting to miss my 5, just glad that I'll be getting it back before Christmas.
Meriadoc

Concorde

Postby Zoom Zoom » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:13 pm

Concorde is boarding from 16th March :D

http://www.nms.ac.uk/concorde/exp-index.asp

Jon
Zoom Zoom

Return to Scottish Drives