National Rally...Sunday 5th September

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Postby DouglasH » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:34 am

Andy..& everyone else, It seems that this year the Committee would like us all to register that we are going, even though we are not booking accommodation with them (see blue form inserted in recent STHT mag) if you hang fire just now, I am waiting on a reply from one of the organisers to see if we could send a block booking form, but don't worry if we have to send individual forms, I will copy some and bring them to the next run.

Have also been asked to remind you of the other Weston Park attractions that are being offered free to members..Archery & Crossbows, Hovercraft, Grass Go Carts, Dodgems and Minature railway also discounted admission to Weston House.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:37 pm

Update..Reply from Doug Nadin means that I can send a block booking, which is really just a register of how many cars the organisers can expect.

BBQ..tickets for the Saturday night BBQ must be purchased by 21st August, price ?20.00. this includes transport from the Telford hotels, BUT NOT OURS. I asked about cost without transport..still ?20.00 I'm afraid.

I know there was only one or two people interested in the BBQ (I'm certainly not) so if you would like to attend will you register on the blue form, both that your attending the Rally and the BBQ, that way you can send your cheque at the same time, let me know your doing this and I'll subtract that number of cars from our list.

Let me know if you need a blue form, I will either bring one to you at the Gullane Run, or mail you a pdf version which can be used for on line payments.
DouglasH

Postby inddigo » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:57 am

Hi Douglas,
Please count us in for the rally, but we wont be going to the BBQ.

Cheers,

Andy
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby Gavin » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:35 pm

Douglas,

Not fussed about BBQ. Quite happy to run with your suggestion about the Hotel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gavin
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

BBQ

Postby CharlesK » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:33 pm

Douglas

Hotel sounds fine rather than BBQ - especially if you can arrange another free cigar for Gavin - the smile he had in Lochalsh made up for the lack of midnight sun

chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Dot and Chas » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:44 pm

Sounds fine to us Douglas.
Can I take it if you are doing a block booking we don't need to register or anything?
Cheers,
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:48 pm

Yes I will block book everyone not attending the BBQ.

Good news today :D ..Hotel are quite happy with our 15 room booking and have confirmed they will open the Mx-5 village to us based on those figures, anything else is a bonus. The bar will be open to us from 8pm to midnight. :) (closing a bit early but hey-ho :wink: )
DouglasH

Postby Richardn » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:05 pm

Still to book my room :oops:
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:15 pm

Thought you had done it, when I called last week she read out your name, or was that you just registering.
DouglasH

NUTTERS

Postby loftladderman » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:35 am

As the nutters section of the Lands end to John O'Groat charity run are calling in at the "national" en-route, I am hoping to see you all there :-)

We may be grabbing money from you, but its nothing personal HONEST !

Let us hope for good weather for both the National and the "Run" so we can all have a great time enjoying our lovely wee cars ......and be able to benefit some very worthy charities into the bargain :-)

Its quite a sobering thought, that while we can enjoy our cars, The National, Meetings, Runs, Fun, many others are far less fortunate and enjoy so little of life..... and my friends, we CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE ![/b]

One of the charities is RSPCA and as Dax is completing this run with me..... it is a charity that is close to my heart !
[b](Hope he does not report ME....GULP)

SEE YOU ALL SOON :-)
Regards from Mack
Greddy Turbo :-)
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby DouglasH » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:20 pm

Following is a mail received today from John Cookson, the Clubs Technical Co-Ordinator.....

Weston Park, National Rally - September 5th.

Added attraction - the only mobile Rolling Road dyno in the UK will be
present to measure the power of your car. The number of cars which can
be tested is limited to about 30 on the day, so we recommend that you
book in advance - first come, first served. The fee will be ?30, and you
will get a computer printout showing power, torque, theoretical 0-60 and
0-100 mph times and exhaust emissions.

Send your request to john.cookson@virgin.net (don't try and book here or
anywhere else - email bookings to that address only!) with name, reg
number, car model and a suggested time (the earliest will be 10am
approx) and a latest possible time for you - we hope to continue past
4pm but will try and accommodate requests for earlier times if you can't
stay till late - the list of bookings and approximate actual appointment
times will be available on the day. Each car will take about 10-15
minutes to test. Payments will be collected on the day.

John Cookson
Technical Coordinator, MX-5 Owners Club
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:51 pm

Route to Hotel and Weston Park location sent out to everyone, if you did not receive one let me know.
DouglasH

National meet up

Postby CharlesK » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:40 pm

Andy

Are you still Ok to meet up for the run down to Abington on Saturday - thought we might meet at East Whitburn junction off M8 at 9.00am

Chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:21 am

Have booked a table for 21 people, 7pm at the Labour in Vain Inn http://www.labourinvain.co.uk/ which is within walking distance from our hotel hope this is ok with everyone.

if you want to know why its called Labour in Vain, look at the web site, for a laugh. :lol:
DouglasH

Postby inddigo » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:07 am

Hi Guys,
Sorry to mess everyone about but we have had a small change in plans. Jo and I will be heading down on Friday morning, we are going to stay with my brother on Friday night and visit my mum and dad on Saturday morning. We will meet you all at the hotel on Sat afternoon. Douglas the Labour in Vain sounds great :) and thanks for the map to the hotel ;)

Cheers,

Andy
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby DouglasH » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:30 pm

OK Andy see you at the Hotel, watch out for speed cameras on the A34 duel carriageway just after the M6, I've never seen so many so close to each other, you'll see what I mean.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:57 pm

Just a reminder to BRING YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD you need to produce it for your rally pack and gift. Excellent and useful gift this year, 8) 8) not quite as good as a scarf but much better than a pen.
DouglasH

Postby Gavin » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:59 pm

What weather. I'm redders. I think that must have got the cars out, along with their owners. Good turnout, but fundamentally it was a field on a country estate full of cars with some traders and ammusements. Anyway got bored so said to Richard 'shall we go?' Yes and go we did, dodging the a***holes who insist on hogging the middle lane on the M6. I think we educated a few, maybe until tomorrow. Got 3 miles short of Hamilton and ground to a virtual stop. Roadworks or some other incident. Got home eventually about 2015Hrs. Long day, totally knackered. Anyway many thanks to Douglas for arranging the accommodation, 1st Class, shame more didn't take up the offer. Thanks also to Richard for the bit of off motorway driving on the way down. Thanks also for the company from the rest of Central Scotland and Tyne Tees. Looking forward to Easter 2005 already. Oh, and by the way, in the main tent there was a pitiful collage of photos of the Edinburgh 2003 Rally compared to other English Rallys from Spring and Nationals past. Shame because there were a lot of Edinburgh 2003 T Shirts being worn today. Maybe that tells story. Good to see Dax and the rest of the Charity guys. Hope you achieve your targets. And finally, I did buy the strut bar I intended to buy, but only after seeking some advice from you know who. Thanks Richard. :D :D :D :D
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

National Rally

Postby Dot and Chas » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:39 pm

Sorry Gavin, but we have to disagree with your comments about the national .
We thought there was a great range of entertainment on offer Dodgems,Archery,Hovercrafts,Rolling Road,Race Simulator,Minature railway etc as well as 500 MX5s to look at!!!
It cost nothing to get in and nothing to have a go at any of the entertainment.The Dodgems were great ,a chance to be a big kid again :lol: .I think we had all forgot how much fun they were!Not to mention the free maglite!
Great day out and great value for money.
Many thanks to all who put an effort into organising the event,(as last years commitee well know, it is hard work).
Many thanks to Douglas for all his organisation of the excellent accomodation and to Richard for the route south and an excellent stop for lunch.
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

national rally

Postby CharlesK » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:58 pm

we would add our thanks to douglas for his organising and to richard for the run through the clouds - Gavin, probably if you had chosen the gammon, like i did the weekend would have been better especially with the half pineapple to go with it. If you had seen Dot's expression on the dodgems as she tried to force chas away from the blondes then the fun value would have increased - almost as good as Richards "conversation" with Jason on Saturday night. Good company and good weekend

Chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Central Scotland