Lindisfarne 2006

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Lindisfarne 2006

Postby DouglasH » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:28 pm

As its getting close to our annual visit to Lindisfarne and rounders match with the auld enemy, thought I would try to get some interest in the event, in particular we really need some young blood in this years team.

Have copied Graeme's post about the rules, any other comments would be appreciated...

I think we need agreed rules for next year. Too often the rules are agreed on the day and one innings differs from the next as people get used to the rules (and how to bend them). How about we get a set of rules in advance of next year and send them to TT to agree/alter? Here's my stab at this:
1: the ball should be pitched underarm to arrive at the batter between neck and knee height.
2: any contact betwen bat and ball is deemed a hit and the batter must run.
3: If, after 3 pitches, the batter has not made contact with the ball, he/she must run anyway.
4: Batters/runners must run outside of the bases. Running inside the base is deemed to be out.
5: If a fielder catches the ball without it touching the ground after being hit, the batter and all runners currently on bases are out. Those waiting in line to bat are not out.
6: If the ball is hit into the rough behind the batter, the batter is out.
7: Once a batter/runner starts running, they cannot go back. This includes those attempting to steal bases. If a runner cannot physically touch a base while keeping one foot planted, they are deemed to have begun running and can be stumped.
8: Anyone who completes a run without stopping from the moment he hits the ball (ie a home run) scores a bonus 5 runs.

and just to get us in the right frame of mind, here's an interesting picture from last year...

Apart from Gavin's limp wrist, Don't know what John's been doing to Graeme but he seems to like it anyway :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DouglasH

Postby lowflyer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:43 am

hehehe :D
lowflyer

Postby Richardn » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:31 am

Do these rules about being out apply to the under 16yr old this year ?:wink:
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Lindisfarne 2006

Postby graeme » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:59 pm

DouglasH wrote:Don't know what John's been doing to Graeme but he seems to like it anyway :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, at my age, you take it where you can get it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suggest printing out the rules so they can be consulted when TT cheat, er I mean when we have a dispute :lol:
graeme

Postby DouglasH » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:01 am

Still not too many said their going to this, remember...

YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU
DouglasH

Postby graeme » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:14 am

Sorry, can't now make this - car failed it's exams and is grounded subject to less telly and more revision :roll:
graeme

Postby DouglasH » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:50 pm

Raffle for Charity...
We have been discussing this with Jenny for a while now and have decided to dedicate the day to Terry Patterson's memory, http://mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455
we will be holding a joint raffle with Tyne Tees, the proceedings will be going to St Oswald's hospice where Terry was treated. Both Central Scotland and Tyne Tees will be grateful for any prizes donated by members.

DouglasH

Postby Gavin » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:10 pm

Er. Have we?
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Central Scotland