Callander Classic 28/29th August

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Postby sparkly » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:55 am

Fiver per person for the BB draught beer, right? So a tenner from us soon as we meet. [Talking of fivers - will Mack be at CC so we can give him sponsor money for separate event directly?]

Liz
sparkly

Callander Classics

Postby madmortons » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:10 pm

We will be there both days and have accomodation booked, we will however be with MG :twisted: and Ford :oops: owners so am not sure about the BBQ. :shock:
Willie & Gill
madmortons

Postby DouglasH » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:57 pm

will Mack be at CC so we can give him sponsor money for separate event directly?]

Liz..No don't think he can make it, but Jim (Hardtrack) the third member of the topless crew :oops: will be at CC on Sunday to collect 'fivers for a 5'er'
DouglasH

Postby Hardtrack » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:51 am

Who said anything about me going topless Douglas :shock: :shock:,maybe i'll convince my passenger,in saying that maybe you'd miss it :oops: :lol: .I will be there on Sunday,also if any newbies are stuck to get there ie John Paul,i will be going through Glasgow heading for Milngavie,to continue to Callander,so if you want to join myself and my friend who lives across the road in his Marcos Mantaray,your more than welcome............just don't try race it :x :lol: ,it might fall to bits like Tvr's :wink: 8)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby JohnPaul » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:14 pm

Hardtrack are you going up on friday? I'll be leaving about 13:30 from renfrew,straight from work (some of us are lucky to finish at 13:30 on a friday) :lol: so if you are about then i'll be more than happy to meet up in milngavie
OC Member 012***
Soon to own a Mazda 6
JohnPaul

Postby Hardtrack » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:17 pm

Sorry i won't be going till the Sunday,but after Milngavie ,it's a pretty straight road to Callander :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby graeme » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:35 pm

From the organisers of Callander Classics. Anyone interested? Get in touch with me asap.

We are looking for one extra concours judge for the Sunday's Concours d'Elegance and thought it would be nice to ask if one of the clubs could come up with someone suitable i.e. with an interest in restoration or general preparation of cars. The person would make up our team of four judges and help judging the concours on Sunday between 11.00am and 2.00pm approx. Each judge will be allocated just one of the four following aspects to look at on every car : Chassis, Engine Bay, Interior, Exterior. We have a form with 14 points to look at in each category so the task is made easier and fairer. It is actually good fun and also means free entry to the event (refund due if member already has pass) plus our special Le Mans T Shirt given to wear to all four judges.
graeme

Callander Classic

Postby grouse » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:19 pm

Hi!

Count us in for the beer! (2 x ?5)
If only 8 contribute, is that 11 pints each? :D :D

As previously mentioned, we'll get to Callander on Sat afternoon and, unless an alternative is mooted, we'll meet up with you at CC.

What is start time for BBQ?

G & P
grouse

Beer

Postby Dot and Chas » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:18 am

Hi Richard,
Charles is up for a barrell of beer but I have told him he can have ?5 worth like everyone else!!! :lol:
See you all Saturday!
What time are we meeting ?
Cheers
Dorothy
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:06 am

Count Linda and I for the beer as well.....can we make it two barrels???? I'm sure we could scoff that over the two days !!!
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Callander Classic 28/29th August

Postby Turning anorak » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:20 pm

Hi all. Well on at last. Club membership came thro yesterday and have been planning on going to Callander over the weekend. It will be a first and looking forward to it. :D What is the format?? Do I need to register or book tickets? Only planning on coming thro for the day but lets see what happens. Tkx
Turning anorak

Postby Hardtrack » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 pm

You can just pay on entry,simple :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby graeme » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:33 pm

You'll have to park in the public car park though. Plaques only get onto the site and they've all been taken i'm afraid.
graeme

callendar

Postby CharlesK » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:23 am

count me in for a fiver for the beer as well

just dont let heather know or she might think that I have started to drink :lol:

see you all saturday

chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Richardn » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:32 am

The Bad News...................No draught Beer :cry: They do not have a tap and cooler. we'll manage I suppose

The Good news ........I have a marquee to shelter under for the BBQ, only small but slightly larger than the Gazbo
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:52 am

What time on Saturday morning is everybody intending to arrive at Callander. :?:
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby sparkly » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:08 pm

Can I just thank all those there at the weekend for making a wet n windy weekend something special - real pleasure to meet you all :D . Special thankyous (a) to Richard & Eileen for their hospitality (got the chairs back OK thanks, always leave *something* behind!) (b) to the good fairy/kind generous soul who rewaxed the Pocket Rocket while I wasn't looking! It had been looking slightly sad earlier next to red supershiny G-Bel, as only had time to give it plain bucket wash before leaving. Looked at it on way out and thought, can't believe water's still beading on it so well, thought rain would have washed last wax off by now - penny dropped when I got out back at the hotel - those big water beads don't happen unless it's been freshly polished! Was it you Rachel? THANKS :D

Liz
sparkly

Previous

Return to Central Scotland