AuxMod Basic

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

AuxMod Basic

Postby Mutleyman » Tue May 09, 2006 10:11 pm

If you recall my STHT article about my Mk 3 last year, you might remember my whinge about having no facility for plugging in an MP3 player or DAB radio or even a walkie-talkie radio for listening comfort during runs.

I then stumbled across an American company called SYLFEX (at http://www.sylfex.com/) who have designed a small module, called AuxMod Basic, which is seemingly suitable for all BOSE head-units fitted across the entire Mazda range.

The module plugs into the back of the head-unit, where the mini-disk player would normally plug in, and it ise switched on by the Media/Mini-disk button on the fascia.

The final bit is to plug in your external device and the module converts the audio input signal into the same format as a Mini-disk player and yippee, high quality audio through all the speakers without recourse to illegal radio-frequency transverters.

If anyone is interested in joining me in a group-buy, please PM me. There would be a significant saving.

Thanks,
Mino
Complex Roads ~ Simply Red
Mutleyman
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby lochpark » Thu May 11, 2006 5:26 pm

Hope you don't think your jumping the que by organising a group by, cause I know a bunch or irrate RX8 owners that wouldn't be happy.

The unit looks good but supplies are slow to come through, I've been on the waiting list since early January :cry:
lochpark

Postby Gavin » Fri May 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Mino, Put me down for one. I know i've already let you know verbally. I don't know if Stevie still wants one but he may see this thread.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to ICE and Music