Phots

Post here if you'd like to share your best Scottish roads or best Scottish places to visit.

Phots

Postby PaulDS » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi Guys n Gals,
Have got loads of photos of Easter Saturday but don't have a scubby how to size them properly or limit file size. :roll:
If anyone wants to have a go at sorting them I'll send the folder as attachment in E-Mail. :?

Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby The Pram » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Hi Paul,

I could give it a go if you like. Just managed to get my own done so should be able to do yours too.

Lorraine
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Postby DouglasH » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:30 pm

A couple of options here, Lorraine you could add the pics to one of your albums on National site, although that would probably take an eternity to get them approved, or host them on your photo imaging account, or send to me and I will host on an old photobucket album we used for Kyle of Lochalsh trip a few years ago.
DouglasH

Postby The Pram » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:36 pm

Hi Douglas

ok, what is my "photo imaging account"?

If Paul sends them to me I can tiddle away then put them where ever you think is best.

I don't mind if someone else wants to do the job.

Lorraine

Boorachie of Teuchters.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
The Pram

Postby Dot and Chas » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:28 pm

Oh Dear!
I tried uploading my piccies of Easter tonight.I haven't put any on the site for years and after PC problems had no Photo editing software installed.
I tried with the software that came with my camera but managed to load a picture that is far too big for the screen ...sorry folks!!
I have PM'd Si to get it removed. :oops:
Then I tried installing my trusty old favourite Photoshop Business edition.....That caused PC to crash!!! :shock: (I guess XP hadn't heard of it!)
Had to go into safe mode and uninstall!!
I have now put on Elements again and have managed to load some more piccies in a better size.
I am interested what Software other people use ,I need something straight forward.Is Elements my best bet???
I have Photoshop 7 but it looks scary!! :?
Any advice gratefully received,
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby The Pram » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:36 pm

Hi Chas,

I use Microsoft Picture It! that came with Microsoft Works when I bought my last computer. It is on a disc of its own. If I find it I can send it to you if you can copy the disc (is that illegal?? what the heck).

I also use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 that came with my camera.

Hope this helps

Lorraine

Boorachie of Teuchters.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
The Pram

Postby graeme » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:41 pm

Open your pic in Photoshop 7, then go to "File" and "save for web". You can set the size in pixels and the resolution (in terms of low med & high) there. It will show you the original and the new file side by side so you can check degradation of the image. It also gives you file size and download time (less important these days but used to be a god-send). When you click "done" you are prompted for a name for the file which should be a different name from the original just in case you goof it up (voice of experience!).

Of course using photoshop just for this is like having a Lamborghini and driving 12 feet to the foot of your drive and back to your garage door :roll: :lol:
graeme

Postby Dot and Chas » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:52 pm

Thanks folks,
That would be great Lorraine,if you can find it! (we won't tell anyone!)
I am so out of practice as due to PC failure I uninstalled everything and had never got round to put it all back on.
I had got so used to Photoshop Business Edition but it don't like XP!
I just feel like a coo with a gun using anything else.
I will persevere with Photoshop Graeme ,now you have given me tips where to start!!!
Off now for some vino!
Cheers
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby BillB » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:10 pm

I know the feeling all too well!! It's the same with my love life, you get the full package when you first fall for the love of your life. Then you need a reboot or a re-install. I think I will just invest in a new love.......................... Mark 3 looming on the horizon....... do you get them in single seater version?????? Ouch, damn, didn't know she was looking
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby The Pram » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Chas,

I found the CD and even managed to copy it. Gave it a try and it seems to work so thats a bonus :shock:

If you send me your details I will post it off to you.

Lorraine

Boorachie of Teuchters.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
The Pram

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:05 am

Chas & Dot,
I use PaintShop Pro to edit my photos. It's more basic than PhotoShop, easy to use and has no problem with my PC operating systems from win 98 to MX Pro.

I'll quite happily to do you a 'back up copy' (which is almost legal). PM me your address and I'll post one out to you :D

It is very easy to either resize your photo or crop it (see my recent photos, taken by Gavin, of this week's Track Tuition night - currently starring on the main page of the Scottish Site).
Drop the hood and let the world in 8-)

Jim
Jim
OC Member
Jim Tolson

Re: Phots

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 pm

PaulDS wrote:Hi Guys n Gals,
Have got loads of photos of Easter Saturday but don't have a scubby how to size them properly or limit file size. :roll:
If anyone wants to have a go at sorting them I'll send the folder as attachment in E-Mail. :?

Paul
Findochty

Sorry :oops: I forgot to post :roll:

Put 4 pics in for you, Paul (under your name).
Tom

Return to Scottish Drives