A93 Blairgowrie to Braemar ... and beyond

Post here if you'd like to share your best Scottish roads or best Scottish places to visit.

A93 Blairgowrie to Braemar ... and beyond

Postby Colin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:28 pm

No doubt preaching to the converted in most cases here, but given that I've just done this road each way for the first time ... What a stunning drive!

As many of us know from the Gathering, the stretch from Blairgowrie North to the Spittal of Glenshee consists of lots of tight twistie bits past brick walls and trees ...

... but you can really open up the engine north past the Glenshee ski centre (obviously in a safe responsible, keep to the speed limit kind of way) - the road is well surfaced and wide, plenty of overtaking opportunities, the bends are set out perfectly and the visibility is tremendous. The scenery is wild and rugged, but the sheep are never far away from the road.

Through Braemar and heading back east through Ballater to Aboyne completes a breathtaking drive in the Autumn on a sunny day. And if that isn't enough, turn right at Crathie Church past Balmoral for a superb single lane run through the trees to Ballater.
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby Malc » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:57 pm

Ahem!

Has the PM sytem broken down? :roll:

or

Is your mobile phone not working? :roll:
Malc

Postby Colin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Malc, I've just pm'd you so that answers your first question.

The answer to your second is contained in my pm! In short, my mobile phone is only on occasionally, so it's best to text me as I pick up my messages daily.
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Return to Scottish Drives