Tea / Coffee and a bite to eat

Post here if you'd like to share your best Scottish roads or best Scottish places to visit.

Tea / Coffee and a bite to eat

Postby malcolm » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:12 pm

I know the winter is here, and I know that most of you will not be putting your precious MX5 into hibernation. So if you are looking for somewhere to head to, for a day out, why not come up or down to buckie and I'll give you a warm welcome with refreshments and a bite to eat. That's how I ended up living here. Fell in love with the place. I live in a small fishing village next to Buckie called Portessie and PaulDS lives in the village next door called Findochty. Catch me on friday night and let me know when your coming and I'll arrange not to be in ( only kidding ) Go on give your car a winter run./ Whilst i'm entertaining you I'll get paul to strip your car for the parts I'm looking for. I have'nt told paul this yet but I know he is useless with a spanner so your car will be safe.
Last edited by malcolm on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malcolm

Re: Tea / Coffee and a bite to eat

Postby graeme » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:37 pm

malcolm wrote:I know that most of you will not be putting your precious MX5 into hibernation.

What makes you say this? It's always been my opinion that very few go into hibernation. (I can think of only one). Mine certainly doesn't - I'd have to give up 6 months' pay! Our largest attendance for a run when I was AC was 35 in October (OK, the BBC were there, but even so, if they were in hibernation, it would have been fewer).
graeme

Postby -- » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:46 pm

:roll: Portessie ...Portessie .......Portessie ....ahh...Portessie

Is that not where Grampian Region send their A.S.B.O.'s :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--

Postby malcolm » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:23 pm

I have read on the forum that a few of the cars are put away for the winter. So my statement was correct "I know that most of you will not be putting your precious MX5 into hibernation." I was just inviting people up to the Moray area for a days drive. Sorry I didn't mean to rattle your cage. I will try to locate the threads with the comments about putting their cars away. also at the north pub meet their were 2 owners who's cars were already put away. SO THERE
malcolm

Postby PaulDS » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:42 pm

Now that's told em Malcolm!!!!!!!!!!!

No one will ever come up now.
How can I pinch bits off their cars.
You are supposed to keep my asbo's secret.

Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby malcolm » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 pm

I'm in tears here.............................STOP IT
malcolm

Postby graeme » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:04 am

OK, I owe Malcolm an apology. I misread his post (and even misread it again when I quoted it). I thought he'd said they WERE put away.
I blame the flu...
Sorry. :oops:
graeme

Postby Triumphdave » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 am

Yeash!
I agree it is nice there, i used to do the coast road alot on the bike but will do it next week hopefully in the 5.
Will prob head up to Gairloch for supper, and down to applecross via all things torridon, then back.
Always carry an extra 10l in the boot. Along with the tent! If i get brave! Scottish broth on the side of the road with a cuppa from the gas stove. Can't beat it.
Life is Endless Adventure!
MX-5 Silver 2002 1.8 Mk 2.5
Triumph America Black
Triumphdave
OC Member
David Brightman
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby joeytalent » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 am

Epic thread revival! This was over 6 years old :D
joeytalent