3 day road trip.

Post here if you'd like to share your best Scottish roads or best Scottish places to visit.

3 day road trip.

Postby ColinB » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:17 am

Joyce and I are about to head off to Strathpeffer then over to Applecross on Friday. From Applecross to Glengarry on Saturday then to Peterculter for mum's Sunday roast. I'm hoping for great weather and some fantastic roads. I'll be taking loads of pictures on the way. If you see me driving give me a toot and a wave or come over and say hi. Silver Mk 2.5 Euphonic with the "tap aff" and Grampian magnetic door stickers.
Colin
:D
ColinB
OC Member
Colin Bell
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: 3 day road trip.

Postby IanH » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:48 am

Sounds like fun Colin, look forward to seeing the pics :D
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby ColinB » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Day 1 Aberdeen to Strathpeffer.
Drove through spayside past many distilleries, villages and great roads. The weather was great top down all the way.
I'd recommend the Strathpeffer Hotel for accommodation We got a nice big room 4 poster bed and the bar was very cheap. The Red Poppy restaurant is a great restaurant for the evening meal.
ImageP4170025 by Loki Uk, on Flickr

Day 2 Strathpeffer to Applecross.
Drove along the A832 by Loch Garve Loch Luichart A890 by Lochcarron Fuel stop. Then on to Bealach Na Ba
ImageP4170032 by Loki Uk, on Flickr
What an exciting road to drive. Very demanding twisting turns, blind corners, hairpin bends. Stunning views. We arrived at the Applecross Inn just before about 20 Lotus elise, Mr2's, and Porsche's. We had a fantastic seafood meal at the inn then we were greeted with the most beautiful sunset.
ImageP4170059 by Loki Uk, on Flickr
Day 3 Applecross to Invergarry
During the night I woke up and looked out of our window and to my amazement there was a Beautiful big antlered Stag just walking down the road, sorry no pictures. I counted 4 in total. Back over the "Pass of the cattle" We had to go early as there was a cycle event on late morning. Then back through Lochcarron
ImageP4180077 by Loki Uk, on Flickr
We stopped off at Eilean Donan
ImageP4180099 by Loki Uk, on Flickr
Then back on the road to Glen Garry House Hotel.
ImageP4180104 by Loki Uk, on Flickr
Sorry no car pic. But a beautiful country house hotel.
Day 4 Back home.
Up to Fort Augustus then on the B862 we headed up to Aviemore then to the Lecht
ImageP4190133 by Loki Uk, on Flickr
ImageP4190134 by Loki Uk, on Flickr
then home to my parents for a wonderful roast beef dinner. Joyce and I had a brilliant wee trip and the car never missed a beat totalling 460 miles
ColinB
OC Member
Colin Bell
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Excellent Colin, looks like a brilliant trip :D
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Return to Scottish Drives