Bunny Run

Events of interest to MX-5 owners. Please note the events listed are not MX-5 Owners Club events and as such they are entirely outside the Club's control.

Bunny Run

Postby Detritus » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:38 pm

My grandson has been in hospital over the new year and visiting him made me realise just how miserable hosptial can be for a child.

I thought it would be a good idea to organise a run to a childrens hospital or home for easter.

Participants could take along some easter eggs and some cuddly toys for the kids.

Please sign up here

http://www.convertible-club.com/forum/m ... &p=594#594
Detritus

Postby The Mailman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Looks like you need to be registered to the forum to see that topic mate. Anyway, i don´t know how its organised, but check if you don´t go somewhere where they already get another group. There´s lots of bike clubs doing Egg Runs (Yorkhill got 8.000 bikes on the parking last year :lol: ), as well as some other car clubs and who knows what else.
Import in import... Dutch guy driving a '93 Eunos Roadster 1.6

The Mailman

Postby Detritus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:39 pm

If you don't want to register on TCCC pm me through this site with an e-mail address and I'll send you the details when everything is finalised along with my email and telephone number.
Detritus

Postby graeme » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Just a word of advice - check with the intended hospital that whatever you intend to deliver is OK with them. Many are dead against cuddly toys for infection control reasons and prefer stuff to be new and shrink wrapped. It may be different in your area, but well worth checking.
Another possibility is a donation to the fairy box charity which aims to do the same kind of thing.
Good luck with the run, whenever it is.
graeme

Postby Detritus » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for the good wishes Graeme.

I intended to check with hospital first anyway. I don't think they'd approve of a group of strangers just turning up on their doorstep.
Detritus

Postby Madboy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:23 am

Pm Sent - I'M in
Bobby & Suzie M
Without the bitter - the sweet just aint as sweet!
Madboy

Return to Other Events