BTCC Knockhill

Events of interest to MX-5 owners. Please note the events listed are not MX-5 Owners Club events and as such they are entirely outside the Club's control.

BTCC Knockhill

Postby Robin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:54 am

Should anyone in FK or Lanarkshire happen to be going on the 17th August, I am meeting up with Brian (Chunkymonkey AKA Sans 5) at the Falkirk Wheelhouse Restaurant car park early-ish AM.
If it does not present a silly detour (fuel ), perhaps we could go as mini-convoy & "fly the flag".
Or.. simply gather together from all points somewhere.
Cheers
Robin
Robin

Postby chunkymonkey71 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:59 am

Yeah, everyone is welcome! Should be a good day out and tickets are still available.

www.knockhill.com

Good list of events on for the sunday. Legends Cup, Seat Cupra Cup, Porsche GB Cup and the BTCC as well.

:D
chunkymonkey71

Postby JML » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:12 am

Watch out for the usual speed trap spots :roll: :roll: -

in Kincardine, along past the caravan dealers- usually a camera van

in the layby at the small section of 2 lane road just past the Castlehill mine entrance (usually a cop car)

in Forestmill village - usually radar gun, bikes , cars etc .

Will be on a scouting mission this weekend at the superbikes so will post any new locations they have found..

Oh - and remember to allow time for the roadworks at the bridge.
Jim

'96 Merlot
Supercharged, chargecooled, Konis, Bipes, etc etc etc
JML
OC Member

Postby Zakadoodle » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Might join you, Knockhill is just behind my back garden so I have no excuses!

Scott
Software development is a race between software engineers building bigger and better systems, and the Universe producing bigger and better idiots.
Zakadoodle

Postby BillB » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:59 pm

I remember the speed trap in Forestmill village very well :oops:

We went to a Knockhill track day during the National Rally in Edinburgh, checked the fuel gauge after a few laps and decided to go and get some more fuel. Just managed to get the speed down to a 'reasonable level' as I saw the cops targetting the car in front. But still got pulled over and given a ticking off :oops:
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Return to Other Events