ALNESS VINTAGE CAR SHOW: Now moving to Tain

Events of interest to MX-5 owners. Please note the events listed are not MX-5 Owners Club events and as such they are entirely outside the Club's control.

ALNESS VINTAGE CAR SHOW: Now moving to Tain

Postby BillB » Tue May 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Just got the news that the organisers of the Alness Vintage car show have resurected the show and are moving it to Tain to co-incide with their gala week. The show will be held on Sunday 15th June at Tain links and I was going to approach them and see if I could get a pitch for the MX5 club (good chance to use the new club banner that arrived this morning). I was looking to have as many different versions of the MX5 as possible on display. If anyone is interested and would care to attend, please let me know ASAP as I don't have much time to get this organised. There would (of course) be a BBQ set up :-) but not to the scale of Eileen and Richard's set-up. There would also be a small trophy to win for a competition. Please respond ASAP.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby The Pram » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Sounds like a good day out Bill but I am working that weekend so wont manage. I hope you have some takers but if this is an annual thing then maybe there will be more response for next year if we have more time to organise a group to attend.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
2015 1.6 Sport Nav
The Pram

Postby Robin » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:00 pm

According to the Boss my son may have planned something for Father's Day..(I will require gas & air for shock)...then no.
If he has not Jen & I will be there...with mine...these Mk2's are as common as muck :lol: :shock:
Robin

Postby Detritus » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:16 am

I might be away, :? but if not I'll be there.
Detritus

Postby BillB » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:00 pm

Sorry folks, MX5 partricipation will not take place this year. The organisers have the pitches all sorted out and too late to make changes.

I have made sure my name is down for next year.

So, I will be going purely to view the other lovely vehicles on display.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Return to Other Events