RX-8 Club - Run - Sunday 30th October

Events of interest to MX-5 owners. Please note the events listed are not MX-5 Owners Club events and as such they are entirely outside the Club's control.

RX-8 Club - Run - Sunday 30th October

Postby Phil » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:39 pm

The RX-8 Owners Club have invited us to join them on a run on Sunday 30th October, Stirling Services, 10am (for 10:30 start).

Douglas and myself joined them last February and had a very enjoyable day out. :D

If you are interested please post on here (or send me a pm) so I can inform the organiser of expected numbers.
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Phil » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:53 pm

The route has now been posted, approx. 170 miles, highlights include Sherriff Muir, Keillour Forest, Amultree, Tay Forest Park, (possible lunch stop at Coshieville), Achray Forest, Kippen Muir and the Carron Valley Forest.

Remember you get an extra hour in bed on Saturday Night as the clocks go back this weekend. :)
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Sweeping up the leaves

Postby Phil » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:35 am

I have route notes for Sunday's run with the RX-8 club, if anybody's thinking of joining them pm me with your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you the route. :)
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:45 pm

Where's the report Phil :?: Interested in how you got on in the rainy conditions. How many fuel stops did you have :?:
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Run Report

Postby Phil » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:35 pm

As you will be very much aware the morning was very wet so no chance of getting the top down, especially for the five RX-8's. There was a lot of water (and leaves) on the roads which made a few of the corners a bit interesting. We stopped for lunch at the Fortingall hotel, near Coshieville, which was very pleasant and as we left the sun came out, :D

We made our way back west to Aberfoyle where I left to come home via the Erskine Bridge. The RX-8's carried on back to the Stirling services where they could fill up the tank to get home. :? They always plan their runs to be no more than 200 miles as any more would leave them a bit 'dry' :roll:

We had no problem keeping up with our Rotary Engined cousins which suprised a few of them as they thought that double the horse power, ABS, DSC and whatever else would give them a massive advantage.

So a very good day was had by all. :lol: :lol:
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby MichaelG » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:56 pm

Was a really good day! Would love to do it again!

It was funny when they looked under Boydies engine and realised it wasn't a 2 Litre! They couldn't believe how fast we could nip round the corners, sometimes leaving them behind! My dad who owns an RX-8 really liked it too and enjoyed the pace! :shock:

Cheers
Mike
MichaelG

Postby boydie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
boydie

Return to Other Events