Twin Exhaust for Mk2

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Twin Exhaust for Mk2

Postby Mak » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:48 pm

Has anyone got a twin exhaust on their Mk2 :?:

I've seen a few nice looking ones on Mk1s but no Mk2s :(

Dave M
Mak
OC Member

Postby boydie » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:28 pm

Hopefully getting a twin borla from moss in a few weeks for my mk2.5, I just hope it sounds good :twisted:
boydie

Postby Mak » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:38 pm

Let me know how you get on with fitting it.
Are you going to cut the rear panel yourself or get it done.
Mak
OC Member

Postby boydie » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Do it myself, will let you know
boydie

Postby boydie » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:12 pm

Well I finally got it, sounds good and was pretty easy to fit. It is exactly what I was looking for, a nice deep bass sound with no rasping and the fit is excellent too. The bumper was really easy to cut to shape too, just used a cutting disc on a dremmel type tool and finished it of with the sanding attachment. really pleased with the finished result :D
boydie

Postby DouglasH » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:30 am

Posted for Iain Stewart who had his RB Duels (Racing Beat) fitted the other night and is still grinning from ear to ear :lol:
DouglasH

Postby sbudge » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:13 pm

Douglas you going to get yours fiited, I know this will be my next mod.

:D

Did he fit it himself, think I would need to get my fitted?
sbudge

Postby DouglasH » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:21 pm

Stephen...I have cut the bumper and was sorely tempted the other night, but would really need a hand hold it up, besides...I don't have a gas torch to heat studs for removal and didn't want to risk coming unstuck with the rest of the system, so will just wait until after the Run on Sunday then arrange to have it fitted.

Iain has a good mechanic friend who fitted it for him, he did cut the bumper himself though, between the new Monsterflow intake kit and the exhaust I think he's happy, he phoned me the next day telling me how much he had fallen (back) in love with his car :oops: Shania Twain song springs to mind here, its his wife Anne I feel sorry for. Iain has not got access to respond on the forum...perhaps this will prompt him into doing something about it now :lol:
DouglasH

Postby sbudge » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:45 am

Douglas if you need a hand just give me a shout, only good as a mechanics assistent thou LOL. Will need to wait a month or so before I get mine :( off on holiday on Monday for two weeks so bank account is a little low just now.

What is the sound like don't want it to be too noisy, will I get a bit of proformance improvement, or do I need to chance the complete exhaust for that?
sbudge

Postby DouglasH » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:28 pm

Thanks for the offer Stephen.
I chose the Racing Beat because it was suggested that the welds, casting and flange were all held in high esteem. Iain seems to think the sound is fantastic, but I will reserve judgement, besides he's like a kid with a new bike just now :lol: I'm not looking for anything that will wake the neighbours on a Sunday morning and from what I've been told the RB Duels fit that bill. Phil from P5 reckons the sound will be subdued to begin with then improve after 500 miles.
DouglasH

Return to Technical