MX5 parts

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

MX5 parts

Postby David_Elaine » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:38 am

Just wondered if anyone else has ordered parts from Mx5 parts.co.uk.
And how long you waited for parts. We ordered a hard top and style bar about two weeks ago and haven't received them yet. They claim they dispatched the hood the day after they received the order. But no sign of it as yet, not too worried, but can't wait to see our car with new hood and style bar.
Elaine
2002 Silver Mk2.5 1.8S
David_Elaine

Postby Richardn » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:15 pm

Ask them for proof of delivery! it is not your property until it is received.
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Check it over

Postby martin1962 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:17 pm

If you do receive it make sure you do not sign for it untill you have give it a full check over....It might of been kicking around a carriers warehouse for a couple of weeks.....If you do have to sign for it make sure you write accross the drivers ticket "UNCHECKED" otherwise if you open it up and find it damaged you will have little comeback...

I wouls ask for a consignment number and which carrier was doing the delivery...then check the carriers website for details...it should show you when it was collected..

I am a sales manager for a carrier company (a good one!) so I know how they work

good luck

Martin
MK1 1.8i 1997 black
martin1962

Tnanks

Postby David_Elaine » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:55 pm

Thank you Richard and Martin for your advice.
I will phone tomorrow and ask for carrier's name. And check it when it comes. I would have probably just signed for it, but best if its checked first. Really thought it would be here by now. Nevermind must be PATIENT!!
Cheers guys

Elaine
2002 Silver Mk2.5 1.8S
David_Elaine

Postby smashed andy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:40 am

ive made loads of orders from mx5parts and theyve all come next day,

best one was me phoning about 3pm - being told, it may take a few days as your up in scotland, was on my doorstep the very next morning!

flawless!

getting shiny bits for your 5 is like christmas all over again :lol:

hope you get your things and there ok, like has been said previously, check them over!!!

andy
smashed andy

Postby PaulDS » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:51 pm

Hi Elaine @ David,
I live on the Moray Firth Coast and over the last 4 years have ordered lots of items from MX5PARTS from expensive goodies to service items, delivered straight to the garage I use for servicing and MOT. Never had any trouble and most items have come next day and never more than 2 days and I'm at the other end of the country. I get great service and excellent quality of goods. Give them a ring again.
Hope things work out for you.
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby zoomerbob » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:39 pm

ive ordered bits from mx5 parts and found them pretty reliable, it was "mx5 city" that were pardon the french "merde"!. :roll:
it may be small, but its reliable........................
zoomerbob

At last!!

Postby David_Elaine » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:48 pm

At last the hard top arrived, it only took three weeks!! Was really getting worried as they said they dispatched it the next day. Anyway it is perfect and looks fab. Just waiting for the style bar now!!!
Maybe we were just unlucky this time as everyone else seems to have had a quick delivery.

Elaine
2002 Silver Mk2.5 1.8S
David_Elaine

Return to Technical