Recommendation Resprayer (rear wheel arch)

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Recommendation Resprayer (rear wheel arch)

Postby Meriadoc » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:44 am

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, as I only bought my BRG 1996 1.8iS on Sunday, I've had a smile on my face ever since.

However when I bought my MX5 I did notice slight corrosion around the drivers side rear wheel arch. Luckily everything else was in good condition, so I used it as a bargaining point and got ?700 off the asking price.

Now I need to get this problem fixed. Therefore I am looking for a Garage/Coachworks who will remove the rust and re-spray the panel.

Can anyone recommend a garage in the Edinburgh / Borders area, who will do an excellent job, i.e. matching colour and good finish? Also how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Meriadoc.
Meriadoc

Postby DouglasH » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:58 am

Welcome to the Scottish Club forum Meriadoc, read your comments on National forum about the permanant smile on your face since getting your car :D it happens to us all.
See the topic two down from this about body repairs in Edinburgh..
http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319
DouglasH

Postby graeme » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:39 am

Check that the rear drain holes are clear too. That's what causes the build up of moisture which sets the rust off.
graeme

Postby Meriadoc » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:35 pm

I've contacted Andrew Doney at Edinburgh Sportscars to asking for a quote, he seemed very knowledgable. So I'll be taking the car up to Edinburgh on Friday. Can anyone vouch for the quality of their work? (10% discount for members, so I'll have to sign-up).

I'll also ring "Global Car Repairs" and ask them to have a look, so they can offer a quote. Thanks DouglasH.

Thanks for the tip Graeme but Iam still a little unsure where the drainage holes for the roof and cills are located? I'll have another look after work.
Meriadoc

Postby graeme » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:08 pm

graeme

Hello

Postby loftladderman » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:04 am

Welcome to the madness that comes with owning these fine cars :-)
Regards from Mack
Greddy Turbo :-)
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Return to Technical