Scratched Bumpe!

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Scratched Bumpe!

Postby steveo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:42 am

Urrrrrrrrrrgggggggh. Some lovely person decided to use my MX5 as a leaning post as they wrere turning and to top it off it was on my drive! Now as it is a Gleneagles it is painted that lovely Montego Blue which is mica. Does anybody recommend a good Bodyshop that can match the paint or who made it for Mazda ie Spies Hecker, Glasurit etc. I am a fussy person and mica is not an easy paint to match.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Steveo
Mk1 Gleneagles it's away :(
BMW E39 530i Sport (Until the nipper is bigger!)
Renault Megane DCi Dynamique
(Family wagon)
steveo

Postby neuromancer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:52 pm

I can definately recommend Stewart Roden Motors of Winchburgh, West Lothian, EH52 6PX Tel: 01506 890724 Fax: 01506 891724.

I've had a couple of ocassions to use them - not for the MX5 but for an Audi TT, Porsche 944 and a Jag s-type. They work to a very high standard. They are approved repairers for Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes and Jaguar. I really could not spot the repairs afterwards and I'm pretty fussy about these things. They are not the cheapest however - is the insurance paying?

If you are visiting them its worth having a look at their race cars. They run the Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari race team in the British GT championship - http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.as ... nid=100673
neuromancer

Postby Stonehaven » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:22 pm

When I had my Gleneagles a few years ago, it needed a warranty repair on the OS sill. which required paint. The job was done by Barnetts Mazda in Dundee and it was a perfect match.
Mark
Mk3.5 RC Sport Tech and Range Rover TDV8 - back in a 5 after five years of Porsches - everyone should own a 911 at some point

past: 95 Mazdaspeed B Spec MS13, R Ltd, 96 Gleneagles, 91 1.6 (killed), 95 California x2, 90G 1.6 + 5 more 5s

OC Member 3068
Stonehaven

Return to Technical