K&N Typhoon Intake System

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

K&N Typhoon Intake System

Postby bryanc » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:40 pm

I have noticed that MX5 parts has reduced the cost of the above item and I was wondering if anyone here had fitted this item or a similar one and also if it made a significant difference to the performance.
Also wondered how this would affect the Mazda warranty.

I am still waiting for my Arctic. I was due to pick it up on Friday at 4pm but got a call at 2.50pm on the Friday to tell me it hadn't arrived. Not very happy to say the least. It is already one week later than originally told.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

I feel I ought to receive some compensation but other than fitting my hard top (which I paid to be resprayed), nothing else being offered. Should I ask for the ?250 it cost me to paint the roof as way of compensation? Or just be happy to get the car and run!!!
bryanc

Postby Si » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:10 am

Blag it and see what you can get out of them! I'd also be very disappointed, especially if it was a new car that I'd just forked out thousands for. Be pleasant and see how you get on.

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Phil » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:22 am

As far as increasing performance I doubt it will make any noticeable difference, Mazda may well say it is a non standard part and give you problems while the car is under warranty. :(

Regarding the late delivery ask for some compensation, perhaps in the way of accessories, but don't be too disappointed if they refuse. :?
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby bryanc » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:08 pm

thanks for the advice.
I am supposed to pick it up today at 4pm so will see what I an blag as you suggest.

Sounds like the induction system is a waste of money and if Mazda don't recognise it then doubly bad. Cheers - this is what I thought.
bryanc

Postby Gavin » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:30 pm

I recently bought this at the discounted price. Performance and throttle response are up. Probably need to fit a Sports exhaust to straighten out the exhaust gases to really reap the benefits. My Mk2 is coming up for six years old in January so the Warranty didn't come into it when deciding whether to go ahead or not. No loss in mpg either. Took about 40mins to fit. :D :D :D
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby bryanc » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:39 pm

Good news :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Have picked up the Arctic this afternoon and all is well as they say.

Even better news :twisted: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :twisted:

They resprayed and fitted my hard top for free (razor blue).

Arnolds Stirling has gone up in my estimation. Speak to Richard Turnbull for good service. He was brought in a few months ago to rectify customer care etc..

Think I'll forget about the induction unit as Richard suggested the Warranty would be in danger!
bryanc

Postby Hardtrack » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:19 pm

I bought a car from Arnolds Stirling,never really had any probs with them,and if you do have a minor gripe they usually sort it out.Only minor prob i had was getting tax as mine was brought over from Ireland,i just gave them the paraphanalia that Swansea sent me asking axle sizes in millimetres etc :shock: and they sorted it,but of course you wouldn't have that prob buying a uk mainland car................can't fault them :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Return to Technical