Paint sprayer in the West ?

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Paint sprayer in the West ?

Postby slartibartfast » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:17 pm

Can anybody recommend a good paint shop in the Glasgow area ? Good and cheap would be even better !
slartibartfast
OC Member

paint sprayer

Postby dixie » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:58 pm

There is a really good guy in South St.He does work for Queensborough Mazda,He did a brilliant job on my wifes brand new Rav,which she managed to run right along the wall in our drive,needless to say she will not be driving the mx5 for a while, anyway he was half the price I was quoted elsewhere and it was a first class job Incidentally when we were picking it up he was working on a brand new Mx5 which had been damaged in transit,wonder who got that one? His place is hard to find,phone first his name is J Linton 01419593526.I know this is where I will be taking my MX5 if I need any painting or body repairs.
dixie

Postby Hardtrack » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:48 am

Definately Colvins SPS in the town where i live,the best spraypainter i know,and believe me i know an awful lot of them,probably all of them in this area,i could talk to him if your interested and maybe get a little off for you http://www.colvins-sps.co.uk/main.htm
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby slartibartfast » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:58 pm

Thnaks for the info guys. I'm not too sure what I plan to do yet. I have now found a few bits on my MX5 which have been touched up. I just can't understand why I didn't see them when I bought it.

The colour match isn't particularly good and certainly the surface isn't as smooth and shiny as it should be. I might be able to improve it with some T Cut and a decent finishing product .. but I may as well get a professional opinion and quote first.

The thing is it makes me wonder if there are some more basic underlying problems which caused the repairs to be needed in the first place. I don't want to throw good money after bad.

I want a good poke around under the car to look for any other corrosion problems before I decide anything.

Slarti
slartibartfast
OC Member

Postby Alan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:30 am

you may find its accident damage, what parts have been touched up?

do all the panels line up well?

my first roadster had already been resprayed when i bought it but in closer inspection i THINK it might have been bumped. if it was it wasn't bad.
Alan

Postby Hardtrack » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:30 pm

Very few cars are free from some sort of paintwork,new unregistered cars,well some of them,get minor dings and scratches in transit,so it really isnt uncommon for cars to have paintwork.Obviously you can tell something that has been written off or at least you should know someone with a trained eye to help you ........if in doubt,walk away and nothing lost :),i'm sure anyone with doubts if they asked,a few OC members would willingly oblige. :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Return to Technical