Underseal

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Underseal

Postby IAN » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:24 pm

Iv been told i should get car underseald.IS this worth doing considering the car is 13yrs old and probably to late anyway?Do any of yous have this done?and how much does somthing like this cost cheers IAN
IAN

Rust Proofing

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:39 am

Although the car is 13 years old you will probably find that there is very little rust anywhere including the floor pan. So do it now to protect for the future. 8)

I used cans of Dinitrol, there is one type for exposed surfaces and one for inside of cavities/doors/sills etc. You can also purchase from Dinitrol a tube which pushes into the nozzle and gives a 360 deg spray. :D

Remove the sill protectors and spray in the sills, spray in the doors, even better if you take off the door trim, you can grease the window runners while you are in there. Open the doors fully and spray past the hinges into the cavity there, if you see dirt (use a torch) hose out first.

If you can get the car up on a Hydraulic lift 8) spray the floor pan and inside the box sections. If in doubt spray it, but NOT the brakes or the exhaust. Total cost <?30. :)

I purchased the Dinitrol from 'www.frost.co.uk' but you should be able to get it from Halfords or other outlets. :wink:

Of course you could take the easy way out and pay a local garage to do it for you, expect to pay approx. ?100.
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

underseal

Postby IAN » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm

Cheers for the advice will give it a go next dry weekend july 2005 lol...
IAN

Return to Technical