Hood repair

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Hood repair

Postby ListonEunos » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi, just a couple of questions if that's okay? The first regarding my hood, it's a vinyl hood with a heated glass rear window. No problems with it except for two tiny holes on either side that are getting worse every time I take the hood down. I've tried to patch it with a bit of glue and a piece of fabric to repair a tent but as the fabric folds at this point it's nots worked. If I didn't fold it, I guess it would be fine. Any thoughts the hood is perfect apart from this.

Also I have flattened my battery a couple of times leaving side lights on, does it sound like it needs replaced, I'm anxious about using it now incase I get stranded, charges up fine?

Thanks

Kevin
ListonEunos

Re: Hood repair

Postby drumtochty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:34 pm

I have the same hood problem.

You have a Mk2 hood so it is more expensive to replace but if the holes are where it is folding you are not in a good place sorry but you know that already.

If you want an opinion on your battery either advise how long you have left the side lights on or advise the make and age of the battery and it may be possible to give advice but if you read what you posted again you will find there was far too little information given for anyone to advise you.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Hood repair

Postby ListonEunos » Tue May 12, 2015 6:47 pm

That's true, wrote it in a bit of a hurry. Never had any other problems with battery but I had left the side lights on for most of the morning.

Just need advice on how to sort out the handling which I have asked before and how to remove the after market gear knob- won't twist off.

Will wait till I have more time to write posts in future,

Thanks
ListonEunos

Return to Technical