Vinyal Graphics

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Vinyal Graphics

Postby Muntedog » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi can anyone recommend a company that does vinyl graphic's in or near Dundee. Im looking to get a few stripe's on my wee Eunos who'll be hitting the hillclimb's soon.

Should go faster with a stipe up and over the bonnet, roof and boot. :D

Cheer's Ferg.
Muntedog
OC Member
Fergus Haggart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Vinyal Graphics

Postby BoabG » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:46 pm

I used this guy for my mustang graphics, just along from Sainsbury's he can design just about anything, he also does the fishers buses etc.

http://morcant-designs.co.uk/

Stripe over hood, and rocker stripes along door bottoms sorry you can't see them very good in pic.

2004- MX5 Euphonic in Titanium.
BoabG
OC Member
Bob Gray
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby G-Bob » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Muntedog wrote:Should go faster with a stipe up and over the bonnet, roof and boot. :D

Cheer's Ferg.

Hey Ferg, How many stripes are you going for? I was thinking if I had one more than you it would make me a bit faster. :lol:
G-Bob

Postby Muntedog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Thank's BoabG Morcant was on my wee list of people to try but have today arranged to take it to http://www.duncansigns.co.uk.

Got a good impression when I met him so car goes in Tuesday next week to be done.

G-Bob im hopping that speed is measured by how wide the stripes are and not by how many :wink:

How's your car G-Bob you getting close to being ready for the season start, don't know if you've seen this FB page has some interesting info on it MX 5's Speed Hillclimbing.

Cheer's Ferg.
Muntedog
OC Member
Fergus Haggart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby G-Bob » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 pm

I've got a guy changing my alternator, fitting my suspension and LSD this weekend, so almost there.

Got my back brakes to do which should be an easy enough job and then it's tyres on my new wheels and a geo to finish it off. I have some performance rails and things to fit but they are not vital for season start and can be done once the weather warms up a little. Hoping to have it ready for a test day at Kames at the end of Feb.

You all ready to go?
G-Bob

Postby Muntedog » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Not far off being ready, get the new Nankang's some time in february and just have to get them fitted to the wheel's plus geo done, a new helmet has to be bought and a few wee bit's n bob's done and im done.

Looking to modify the car as the season progresses depending on finance's of course, but realy just want to get out there this season and have fun and learn the hills for the following season.

Sound's like it'll be fun with 20 or so driver's, the MX5's are going to take up a lot of paddock space :D

Ferg.
Muntedog
OC Member
Fergus Haggart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby G-Bob » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:38 am

Muntedog wrote:Not far off being ready, get the new Nankang's some time in february and just have to get them fitted to the wheel's plus geo done, a new helmet has to be bought and a few wee bit's n bob's done and im done.

Looking to modify the car as the season progresses depending on finance's of course, but realy just want to get out there this season and have fun and learn the hills for the following season.

Sound's like it'll be fun with 20 or so driver's, the MX5's are going to take up a lot of paddock space :D

Ferg.

All the stuff I've done is mostly just replacing things that needed replacing anyway, plus a few things that I managed to buy 2nd hand at a good price. I don't expect to have much to do after the season starts other than drive it and maybe change some fluids half way through the season.
G-Bob

Postby Muntedog » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Yip sound's a good plan Bob, im mainly just want to get out and have some fun and battle with someone some where :lol: and have a laugh.
Muntedog
OC Member
Fergus Haggart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Muntedog » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Go faster stripes done look's good I think, just have to work out how to make the driver go faster :)

[imgImage][/img]
[imgImage][/img]
[imgImage][/img]

These 14" wheels and tyre's will be for sale at the end of February or early March if anyone is interested.
They're being replaced with 15" wheel's and Nankang tyre's.
Muntedog
OC Member
Fergus Haggart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby zebedee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Looks great and the colours go well together.

Bought some matt black vinyl to do two stripes on my grey mk3, but Im worried I will make a mess of it. I might have to see about getting it done professionally.
zebedee

Postby G-Bob » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:26 pm

That's looks really good ferg. Was it expensive to get done?

Ive gone the other way and I'm going from running 15's to running 14" wheels and nankangs on mine.
G-Bob

Postby OldSpice » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Those OEM 14" alloys give a good unsprung weight advantage being among the lightest available that were fitted (with good reason perhaps) at the time.
Tyres are more expensive and the range available is narrower, but might be worth considering.
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby G-Bob » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:59 pm

I got 185/60/r14 NS2-R in soft compound for £52 a corner.

Might have 10mm less of a contact patch but I was going with the lighter = better theory as well.
G-Bob

Postby Muntedog » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Thank's guy's for the compliment's :) , got two quotes both were between £80-£90 to get it done.

Ive got myself a light weight set of 15 x 6.5 wheel's and with a lower profile tyre (195 x 50 x 15) im thinking that's got to be a winner as far as cornering is concerned.

Last year when I went to a few event's and different people were running both 14"'s and 15"'s but after a chat or two 15" seamed to sound the better choice.

Still it'll be interesting to see as to which is better, plus the wheel's only cost me £60 quid :D

G-Bob where did you buy your tyres from, £52 sound's a crackn price.
Muntedog
OC Member
Fergus Haggart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby G-Bob » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Yeah my wheels were about the same £60

Got the tyres from tyreleader who send them from Europe. Be careful to get the right ones though because their returns policy is crap and they charge you.
G-Bob

Postby drumtochty » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:11 pm

On road tyres when pushing my MK2 the rear end just hops an inch or so during hard cornering with 185 60 14 tyres.

With 195 50 15 tyres it no longer hops but the ride is not as nice.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Muntedog » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Cheer's for that Bob i'll have a look.

Interesting to hear that Eddie, you must be pushing on a bit :shock:
Muntedog
OC Member
Fergus Haggart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby OldSpice » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:03 am

Following a tip from an experienced "track hand" I fitted Falken 195 ZE 912 (up from 185) to the Mk1's 14" rims (Insurance company informed!) and run them at 26PSI. The car is more sure footed but I'd admit rear bump-steer in rough road dry twisties & without a lot of fuel on board has notched up a bit. They don't look much different on the rim either..no visual impact of "over tyred"
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Return to Technical