Passenger door lock...delay!

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Passenger door lock...delay!

Postby boringchap » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:18 am

I'm a completely useless article when it comes to fixing cars, but something inside me thinks, " I can do this", "Come on Tom, you can do it!", that sort of thing, you know. Anyway, the car is an old Mk 2, 1998 1.8S, and when I remotely disarm and unlock the car the passenger door lock takes about 5 - 10 seconds before it goes, "click" (unlocked). Surely I mustn't be that much of a bore that I have to send it off to my beloved & trusted local Mazda dealer. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong? Is it just the case that because it is a weekend / holiday car now that the door is getting tired? Help! I hate it!
Tom.
boringchap
OC Member

Re: Passenger door lock...delay!

Postby Dot and Chas » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:50 pm

boringchap wrote: Help! I hate it!
Tom.

Not the car I hope!!!
Our Drivers door was playing up ,it kept jamming totally when it was frosty but it was not the lock.Eventually it jammed on a sunny day and we called a friendly auto electician who found the Central locking Actuator was jamming .It had been nearly impossible to diagnose the fault before as it kept unjammimg and thawing out before we could get it to the garage!!! The garage I bought the car from had allegedly replaced the actuator under warranty but it looked original. :roll:
The part is not dear and might be worth ago.
Maybe at the Technical day!!!!
Cheers,
Dot
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby boringchap » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:15 pm

Thanks Dot,
as I have an extended warranty I might suggest to my Dealer that they check the actuator and replace it if necessary.
Cheers again,
Tom.
boringchap
OC Member

Return to Technical