Dreadnought TVR

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Dreadnought TVR

Postby boydie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:05 pm

Just had a full wheel alignment done by the guys at dreadnought, and the car is now handling very well. :D
My settings were way off and my car was crabbing down the road!
I took along Lannys settings to discuss with them and they thought the camber was too aggresive and would only be suitable for really hard driving and track days, so I had it setup as follows:
left / right
front camber -0.8 -0.8
toe (IN) 0 03' 0 03'
rear camber -1.1 -1.0
toe (IN) 0 06' 0 06' these are the actual results.

The toe in on the front makes the car feel a lot more stable on straight roads and motorways, but when I hit the twistys the negative camber comes into play and the car just flies through the bend. Maybe I could have had a touch more camber put on but I think this is a good compromise for my everyday needs.
The guys at dreadnought seem very friendly and do a good job as well as offer good advice from experience. I will definetly use this garage again!
Last edited by boydie on Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boydie

Postby neuromancer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:55 pm

Good to hear of a knowledgable garage. Can I ask approx cost - it sounds worth having done routinely (annually?) to ensure everything stays right!
neuromancer

Postby Greg & Nic » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:27 pm

I've recently started dealing with Dreadnought through work (Toyo Tyres) and have to say that I have been very impressed by their overall knowledge and genuine interest in what they do. They are obvious enthusiasts and really seem to take pride in doing the job properly.They are well worth a visit if you want something sorted.....and the run up to Callander is very pleasant too.
91 BRG V Spec....The Wee Beastie
Greg & Nic

Postby boydie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:47 pm

couldn't agree more Greg&Nic good garages are hard to find!!!!
Total cost was ?70.50, worth every penny!! :D
have just taken my car out on the Lanark to currie road for a quick test and can recommend these settings! My car grips extremely well through the corners now and I am well chuffed with it! :D
boydie

nice one

Postby rossp » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:33 pm

just came across this site - excellent news. Just got a 97P Harvard edition a few weeks ago and having great fun. Living in west Fife so the news about Dreadnought is good - especially as I will be passing by there around 9.30-10pm on Friday night - if there are any signs of life ( :shock: ) I'll drop in and say hello. Added bonus is that I need a new set of rear tyres - anyone got any recommendations on what is good on a 5?

Cheers all

Ross

PS - any other Mazda / Skoda owners here? I really can say "My other car's a Skoda" - Octavia vRS.
rossp

Postby Greg & Nic » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:51 pm

Hi Ross, hope to see you at Dreadnought on Friday for a blether. I'd have to say that Toyo T1-R or T1-S would be the best suited tyres.....but I'm a wee bit biased.. :wink:
91 BRG V Spec....The Wee Beastie
Greg & Nic

Tyres

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:56 am

If you have a look on the national forum you will find lot's of info and discussion on tyres, some good in the wet, some better when it's dry, some so soft you can only get 10,000 from them, it goes on and on and on and on. :shock:
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby rossp » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:14 pm

cheers guys - Ill try and drop by and say hello
rossp

Return to Technical