4 Wheel alignment ayrshire

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

4 Wheel alignment ayrshire

Postby Delboy69 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Anyone have any recommendations for 4 wheel alignment in Ayrshire or nearby and and approximate cost?TIA
Delboy69

Re: 4 Wheel alignment ayrshire

Postby OldSpice » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Not having a lot of luck are you?!
Short answer is a no from me however I can recommend the well known & respected Pro-Grip 12 Central Park Ave, Larbert FK5 4RX.
Best suggestion I can muster is pick a weather-watched day to book in, and let John work his magic.
At least you could use some of the epic roads home to "test".
There will always be an imbecile you never bargained on within slapping distance.
You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public
OldSpice

Postby Delboy69 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Lol yeah it looks like that,i should have changed it to Ayrshire/west coast or anywhere lol
Thanks for the recommendation,i don't mind travelling and as you say would be a chance to road test it on the way home :D
Delboy69

Postby OldSpice » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Well I'm local and retired so it's entirely possible I can meet you there and whip you over to an adjacent Garden Center for a coffee while it takes John his usual hour.
There's nowhere for you to go.
Let me know.
There will always be an imbecile you never bargained on within slapping distance.
OldSpice

Postby gm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:51 pm

dreadnought up in Callander will do a good job and it's a nice drive up there.

or clcm in edinburgh ?
gm

Postby Delboy69 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks for the offer oldspice,once i sort a few things and get some time i might just take you up on your kind offer,you have any idea how much it is for the alignment?
Thanks gm it is indeed a nice drive up that part of the country so another good shout
Delboy69

Postby OldSpice » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Delboy69 wrote:Thanks for the offer oldspice,once i sort a few things and get some time i might just take you up on your kind offer,you have any idea how much it is for the alignment?
Thanks gm it is indeed a nice drive up that part of the country so another good shout

TBH, it can vary but I'd budget between £60/£70 quids tops.
Frankly, given so much of the "speed being in the chassis" with our cars, I've always considered laser an important "modification"
OldSpice

Postby Delboy69 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:00 am

Defo something i think that needs done as had it out and about a couple of times and felt the back end even just going over small bumps felt a bit 'twitchy' even though i wasn't pushing it so certainly wont do any harm getting it checked out
Delboy69

Postby OldSpice » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:53 am

Could be a number of things eg tyre "mix" & pressures , the common enough one being duff drop-links, or even tired bushes/shocks depending on age & condition.
Without being alarmist, a cracked spring can hide it's sins as they can go at the seating.
Ask me how I know. :shock: These 5 chassis are unforgiving insofar they are either right on the button, or "not very good"!
Anyhow a ramp session by an expert is the best way forward.
OldSpice

Return to Technical