Phoenix Mazda - Paisley

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Phoenix Mazda - Paisley

Postby IanN » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:54 am

Phoenix Mazda in Paisley have been supporters of the owners club for many years, that support has now moved up to a higher level.

Thanks to the efforts of Peter Mustard the dealer principle we not only had the pleasure launching new Miyako special edition at The Gathering, we have also negotiated a very generous discount for our members.

On production of a valid MX-5 Owners Club membership card you now qualify for a very generous 20% discount on all parts, servicing, accessories and merchandise. See their advertisement on the front page for more details or call them on 08444 9999 40.

The Gathering report is also the latest news item on Phoenix's website : http://www.phoenixcar.co.uk/mazda/news

We look forward to a long and happy relationship which will hopefully benefit both our members and the dealership.

Phoenix Mazda
Phoenix Retail Park
Linwood Road
Paisley
PA1 2BH
0141 849 5075
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Re: Phoenix Mazda - Paisley

Postby flood » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 pm

NIce one. I'll give them a call tomorrow as I need a shift boot kit and MX5parts are out of stock.

See if they are cheaper and can get some in!
1993 S-Limited Eunos Roadster.
flood
OC Member

Postby IanH » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Nice work guys, I wonder if any other Mazda dealers in Scotland will be prepared to offer similar..... :shock:
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby 01mx5 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Most dealers will offer a club discount if you ask, for parts at least - when I was phoning around for brake discs last year I spoke to about 6 dealers across the central belt and never got less than 10% off. With a little bit of pushing (ie. "you can do better than that, come on") I got 20% from SDM Falkirk.

Even Arnold Clark, who had never heard of the club gave me 10% off because I asked the follow-up question "what discount can you give me then?".

Although, even with 20% off, mx5parts were still a lot cheaper!
BRG Limited Edition BBR Turbo
Ramsay Ashby
Admin & Developer for the National forum
01mx5
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Si » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:33 am

I think it's a great offer.

While it's possible to negotiate a discount (regardless of what you're shopping for), many people aren't comfortable asking and at least something like this presents a bonifide way for a discount to be obtained.

Simon
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby 01mx5 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 pm

You're still going to have to say "I'm an mx-5 OC member, so can I get the 20% discount please", so the awkwardness is arguably still there.

It's definetely good to have it arranged - especially at 20% - all I was saying is most garages will give something if you ask, so even if nothing 'official' is arranged, there's no harm in asking.
BRG Limited Edition BBR Turbo
Ramsay Ashby
Admin & Developer for the National forum
01mx5
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby CharlesK » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Not quite right Ramsey - you certainly still have to show you are an MX50C member but that then guarantees the 20% discount, you do not have to ask for it or negotiate it therefore there is no awkwardness in fact the opposite will hopefully be the case in that being a member you will be welcomed in and given special service.

Certainly agree that there is no harm in asking in other garages but if they have a discount available then why not make it clear that this is the case rather than trying to rip off anyone who is not comfortable in bartering. Personally i dont like bartering even in countries where it is accepted practice and would not do it in the UK.
Even when buying a new car I get hacked off with salesmen who tell you a price ande then say something like " well if you are interested we could possibly offer a better deal" - my immediate reaction to this is to say goodbye advising them if they do not have the decency to confirm the actual price when I ask then I will not be using their garage and go elsewhere
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby bobjay » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:03 pm

The discount is now only 10%. I had a new mirror fitted on 18/08/11 and was only allowed 10% and when I queried this the receptionist checked and confirmed 10% was all that was allowed.
bobjay
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanN » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Email sent to Phoenix Mazda Dealer Principle today to determine the current discount situation. Will update when further information is available.
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby IanN » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Reply from Phoenix Mazda confirming our 20% discount.

NOTE: You must produce your current MX-5 Owners Club Membership card to qualify for this discount.

Hi Ian,

I’ve looked into this situation. The agreed discount for the MX-5 owners club is indeed 20% and this should have been offered to your member so please send my apologies as this was not done.

There are a couple of reasons why this happened, one is that we have an agreement with other mx-5 clubs of 10% discount and only your club get the 20% discount and secondly the after sales department have been instructed not to give the 20% discount unless confirmation of membership is provided as incredibly we have had people ‘pretending’ to be in your club to get additional discount.

So please accept my apologies and I’m more than happy to refund any difference to your member, also I would appreciate if you would be kind enough to ask all your members to make it clear that they are part of MX-5 Scotland club and to bring confirmation of said membership.

Many thanks

Peter
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby bobjay » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Thanks Ian, I did in fact produce my membership card, maybe next time I will need to be more insistant :)
bobjay
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Mr Grumpy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi GUys,

Recently bought daytime running light kit from Phoenix. Mazda UK price £27.84 (inc Vat) Phoenix price £22.27 which looks like 20% to me.

Great service from them

Grumpy
Mr Grumpy
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby iain cooper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:31 pm

thinking of having my first service done at Phoenix Mazda, anyone ever used them for a service ?

and would you recommend them ?

Iain
iain cooper

Return to General Chat