Mazda Dealers

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Mazda Dealers

Postby grouse » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:52 am

Does anyone know which (if any) Mazda dealers, in Scotland, give discount to OC members?
Additionally, has anyone got any "experiences" they wish to share - particularly re servicing?
I seem to recall a post on the "lost forum" bestowing praise upon Barnetts Mazda (Broughty Ferry, Dundee)..?
As the car's still in warranty, I believe I have to use an official dealer.
Unless you know differently...?
Thanks,
Gordon.
grouse

Postby boringchap » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:43 am

Hi Gordon,

I have praised Barnetts (formerly B'Ferry, now Riverside next door to Barnett's Volvo) in the past as I have received very helpful information and service from every staff member I have been in contact with. Intersestingly (I think) July's What Car? compiled a list of dealers and the prices they charge, Barnett's faired very well indeed (in other words I would have to look up the magazine again to relate the exact position).

Unfortunately they do not offer discount to OC members, perhaps they don't feel they have to as people return to them due to the quality of their service. Could be they haven't been asked yet?

Tom.
boringchap
OC Member

Postby Hardtrack » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:21 pm

Arnold Clark Paisley and Stirling do an OC discount,personally i wouldn't put a corgi car into the Paisley one :evil: ,but they do offer a discount.
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby lowflyer » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:37 pm

Hardtrack

could you tell me more about your experience at AC paisley

I bought my car from there and I got the first service done there, the next service is due and was going to use them again so would like some advice

atb
john
lowflyer

Postby Gavin » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:47 pm

Square Deal Motors in Falkirk do OC discounts. I use them all of the time. In fact it was them that put a new boot lid on because of a slight rust problem. The car was still covered by the Anti-perforation Warranty. I'm very pleased with them. :lol: A word of warning, if you do decide to NOT go to a Mazda dealer when the 3 Years Parts and labour Warranty runs out keep going back to keep the Anti-perforation warranty going.

Gavin :D
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Dealers

Postby grouse » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:08 pm

Thanks Gav!
That's scary!
I have a friend, who was telling me about the problems his son was having with a rusty boot-lid and a dealer in Falkirk!
His son's name is Gavin.....!! :shock:
Is this a small world......??
Gordon.
grouse

Postby sbudge » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:13 pm

Bought my MK2.1 1.8S from AC in Paisley, about due its 3 year service. Saw the earlier comments about Paisley, any comments were to go. I want to have some of gearbox oil and brake shoes all replaced with better than standard.

Lowflyer what did you buy from AC, I traded in a BRG 1.8 MK1 there earlier in the year.
sbudge

Postby JohnPaul » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:27 pm

Hi All
When I fist got my 5 I took it to AC Paisley to have a few problems fixed i.e
Interior light checked as it was not working, Drivers door lock checked as it would not lock and my wheel alignment checked. All work carried out at a cost of ?100 BUT when i picked it up i was told that the interior light bulb was blow and they did not have one in stock also they could not find a problem with the door lock.
So i paid my money and drove home (in the rain) with a car my steering wheel out of alignment and a car that wanted to turn left all on its own, i immediately returned it to AC paisley and complained but was told that the mechanic that worked on my car could not be found!
So to cut a long story short i had to pay Budget ?30 to align my wheels properly ( the guy said they where out by 6 degrees on one side and 4 degrees on the other) the interior light was working fine ??? and also a further ?50 to repair my lock.
I wrote a letter to AC Paisley, Arnold Clark and also Mazda UK to complain and got a 45000 miles service and an MOT for free, as the wanted to restore my faith in them
OC Member 012***
Soon to own a Mazda 6
JohnPaul

Postby JohnPaul » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:31 pm

HI All
The mechanic that owns Bishopton garage is a MX5 owner and know's them inside and out, does very good work at a good price.
He replaced my front and rear brake pads, supplied and fitted for less than ?90
OC Member 012***
Soon to own a Mazda 6
JohnPaul

Postby sbudge » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:55 pm

JohnPaul

Can you let me know which garage it is, I stay in Renfrew so it is ok to get to, you used him for long?
sbudge

Postby JohnPaul » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:39 pm

Hi
If you drive through Bishopton its the last garage on the right as you head towards Greenock.(it usually has a rally car in the forecourt)
Bishopton Garage Tel No 01505862441.
The mechanic is called gary, a sound guy and i find him very knowledgeable about MX5's.
I'm booking mine in next week for some work (and i dont just let anyone touch my baby).
OC Member 012***
Soon to own a Mazda 6
JohnPaul

Mazda Dealers

Postby Phil » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:34 pm

I can recommend Bickets of Kilmarnock, any work they have carried out for me has always been first class, they have even replaced a couple of parts on my Mazda6 at the first service without me asking, they said that a couple of cars they had sold needed these parts so they replaced mine anyway (free of charge). :lol:

I seem to get a discount on parts but I think that's because I'm a customer rather than a memeber of the owners club!
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby neuromancer » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:16 pm

I'm making no comment about Arnold Clark's service but have a look at this website. http://www.chez.com/arnoldclark/

I had previous experience of Arnold Clark Fiat in Grangemouth which was pretty poor, but Arnold Clark Mazda in Stirling seem OK.

Neuromancer
neuromancer

Postby graeme » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:39 pm

Maybe Richard hasn't read this thread :wink:
graeme

Postby Richardn » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:16 am

Arnold Clark Mazda in Stirling seem OK! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOR WHAT!????

The sales iare OK.....Parts I have no problem with..OC Discount

They must have Monkeys as so called mechanics. I wouldn't take a pedal car to them.

Do you really want the long story? It involves incompetance, and them having the car 3 months out of 12 :shock:
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby neuromancer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:51 am

Richardn wrote: I wouldn't take a pedal car to them.

Do you really want the long story? It involves incompetance, and them having the car 3 months out of 12 :shock:

Thanks for the info. I've only had sales experience from them, I think I'll service the car myself - its out of warranty anyway.
neuromancer

Return to General Chat