Boot rack

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Boot rack

Postby JoJo » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:44 pm

I bought an Icon in March and it came with a dinky chrome boot rack which I think I might remove if it doesn't leave horrible marks on the paintwork, however someone at my work reckons it has been fitted back to front. Should the lip that holds the picnic basket of smoked salmon and champagne be towards the rear of the car or the rear window? Answers on a postcard please, to someone whose idea of a picnic constitutes far more than you could fit in small suitcase.... It does look a bit odd now I think about it.... :oops: And thanks to everyone I met at Tesco Eskbank for not pointing it out earlier :D

Jo
JoJo

Postby Hardtrack » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:11 am

The lip should be to the back above the bumper,have heard some say it should be towards the rear window to stop luggage coming through hitting you on the head in a crash,which i think is rubbish :? .........personally i think this looks very stupid...........lip to the back :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Phil » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:24 pm

Yep, lip to the back. 8)
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby JoJo » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:44 pm

Thanks - will attempt to remove the embarrassment tomorrow - I think the car would look better without it and I'd have a better view out of the rearview mirror too. :D Lip to the back then - and seeing as I never have a well-stocked picnic basket anyway....

Jo
JoJo

Return to General Chat