That Garage Chain Again - Aberdeen

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

That Garage Chain Again - Aberdeen

Postby IanH » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:32 pm

G'day, new to this Scotland board but been on the main club one for a while.

You all know the Garage I mean.

What's the Aberdeen branch actually like for servicing (interested in real experiences rather than hearsay)? It was good to see that they got involved in the recent charity event.

I have a 1.8 which I bought in March from a broker (Transmar - great deal), it will soon need its first service. I would quite like to go to a franchised dealer, I've seen all the discussions about you don't need to use a franchised dealer etc and the anti AC website.

I'm prepared to travel, Dundee / Perth / Inverness if necessary.

Should I avoid my local main dealer, tell me if you've been there yourself.

Ta
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby boringchap » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:33 pm

If you do opt for a franchised dealer, then I would not hesitate to recommend Barnetts Mazda in Dundee. I didn't buy my car there but the level of friendly, personal service I have received since I moved up to Dundee 5 years ago would make one think I had always bought my cars from them!
Tom.
boringchap
OC Member

Postby IanH » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:28 pm

Thanks boringchap, I've heard good things about Barnetts from other sources, I've yet to hear anyone speak up for Arnold Clark.

There must be someone out ther who likes them.........? Yes/No/Maybe.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Si » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:56 pm

No experience of THAT Arnold Clark, but the one I dealt with in Edinburgh were more than adequate. I got a good car from them and would've bought from them again had I gone for 'another' boring car.

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby mgrays » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:39 pm

Must be others up this neck of the woods who care to pay for folk to work on their car .. I know Angus the ex NE co-ordinator from Aberdeen ended up in Dundee as they were nicer+cheaper but no real black marks if you have a UK car...

.. as a poor/exotic import I know the spares mannie quite well .. shocked on odd prices of course (hot start solenoid on Mk1 after 95 was ?135 or so for a diddy little solenoid) but that is Mr Mazda. The car sales manager had a fit when I parked my import outside... so not import friendly :(

So no positive feedback yet!
Malcolm GS
94 JLtd2 FM2
mgrays

Manager resting on Imported Roadster

Postby loftladderman » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:10 pm

All very friendly indeed at Arnolds Mazda Aberdeen.

Can't say about having my cars seen to there as I do all my own repairs / tuning / fettling / servicing though.

They certainly do not HATE imported cars there THAT I do know :-)
Regards from Mack
Greddy Turbo :-)
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby mgrays » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:24 pm

Sales manager had the fit .. but that was most part of 5 years ago when imports were pretty new and all came with square wheels, no paint, special umobtanium parts from dealers .. and were fabricated of 49 stolen cars :wink: Now folk are a little more educated and the sales manager no doubt is on to selling some other 4 wheeled object he hates... :roll:
Malcolm GS
94 JLtd2 FM2
mgrays

Postby stevieg » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:52 pm

I use them for servicing, most of the guys there are from when it was Airport Mazda (Town & County) so they know what they're doing, I also use AW Autotech for bigger work as they are cheaper.
stevieg

Return to General Chat