Recommend an official Mazda dealer for servicing?

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Recommend an official Mazda dealer for servicing?

Postby Samuraijack » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:13 pm

Hi all,

Had my MX-5 (Sep 2000, 1.8iS in red) for a while now but only recently got computer at home for using forums etc. Like the site a lot!

Which Mazda dealer would you recommend for servicing in Central Scotland? I've tried Shields in Glasgow (nearest to me) but was unimpressed. I see a few posts from people who feel the same about Paisley Arnold Clark so where should I go?

In addition to the 4 yr service I also want them to look at the passenger seat which rattles like hell (when empty) on rough roads and I also have the infamous annoying ocassional drop in revs (to 600 rpm) for a few secs when stopped (which Shields have had 2 cracks at fixing with no success).

All advice and suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Neil
Red '00 1.8iS
Samuraijack

Postby Hardtrack » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:46 pm

Possibly your seat belt rattling as this is a common one on an unseated mx5,might be the seat ratttling on the runner..rattles drive you nuts don't they :x.as of garages servicing,couldn't comment as i do everything myself :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Si » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:34 am

On rough roads my passenger seat rattles when empty too. Cure is to recline the seat a little and push it hard as far back as it'll go. Works a treat for me :)

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Drop in Revs

Postby grouse » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 am

I also have the infamous annoying ocassional drop in revs (to 600 rpm) for a few secs when stopped

Is this a "known phenomenon" ?

I experienced this one morning in the Lakes, and just put it down to the cold, damp morning...... it seemed to be a temporary situation :?
Grouse

Another fine example of
"low-flying technology!"
grouse

Postby Samuraijack » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:23 pm

Definitely not the seatbelt... maybe rattle not the right word... judder might be better - I can replicate it by giving the seat a whack! I thought it might be the headrest sliders but have tried that in various positions and the seat recline idea as well with no success but I will give it another go. Never had the problem at first with the car, think the poor quality of the roads has shaken something loose.

I have seen quite a few mentions of the revs dropping for a few seconds when stopped thing on other forums. Suggested cures include resetting base idle, altering airflow screw (or something), resetting ECU by disconnecting battery and other things. For me it generally only happens for about a 3 - 4 minute period after I have been driving for 3 - 4 minutes, then it goes away so it's not really a problem just a little annoying. Annoyed that Shields Mazda couldn't solve it after two attempts though.
Red '00 1.8iS
Samuraijack

Postby Hardtrack » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:55 pm

Seat of your pants 2 seaters are meant to rattle :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Return to General Chat