Arran ...

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Arran ...

Postby stratos_blue » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:22 pm

Hi All ..just back from a few wonderful days on the Isle of Arran ...drove all the road around and accross the middle too , loved the section of the A841 through North Glen Sannox from Brodick to Lochranza...wonderful on the return also . Unexpected highlight of the trip was a live gig by Glen Tilbrook playing an acoustic set at the impossibly small venue Castlekirk in Lochranza , seating capacity about 50 tops . For those of you who remember Squeeze he played a fair few of the old hits '' Pulling mussels from a shell '' ''Another nail in my heart ''..and the unforgetable ''Up the junction''.......need I say more ..magic performer !
There is only one satisfying way to boot a computer.
stratos_blue

Postby kristoff » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:00 pm

Glad to hear you had a great time, the weather stayed fair too, which is something of a phenomenon these days and especially in Arran. Where did you decide to stay eventually?

Squeeze were the flavour of the month in the dim and distant past, you were lucky to see any kind of concert in Arran let alone one as good as that!
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby stratos_blue » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:08 pm

Kristoff ...Stayed 2 nights in Brodick , one night each at the Belvedere and Glenartney Hotels , then 1 night at the Lochranza Hotel ....My Blue Nevada did'nt disappoint , lapped up those delicious winding roads , and I even managed a stretch with the top down between rain bouts ... :)
There is only one satisfying way to boot a computer.
stratos_blue

Return to General Chat