Owners' Club

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Owners' Club

Postby rossp » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:09 pm

Just getting round to printing off the OC forms to send in my membership fees - I take it that the national OC is a single body i.e. there isn't a different scottish club, just the regions? Don't want to do a scottish club out of any fees if I should join them instead!

Cheers

Ross
rossp

Postby PaulDS » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:24 pm

Hi Ross,
Good to see you are joining the ranks. Been in the club 4yrs myself and although contact with other club members is limited up here in the North of Scotland, it's still good to know there are other nutters out there like me and the club mag is well worth the membership fee alone.
Where are you from and what's your 5?
Mine is a red Mk1 with a few personal mods.
Paul
Findochty.
PaulDS

Re: Owners' Club

Postby Si » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:07 pm

rossp wrote:I take it that the national OC is a single body i.e. there isn't a different scottish club, just the regions?

That is correct :) When you join the OC you can in fact go to events organised by ANY region if you so wish ... and not just the ones for the area you happen to live in.

For me, the discount from AON makes the membership worth it. Oh, and getting to meet lots of sexy ladies :?

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby inddigo » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:21 pm

Oh, and getting to meet lots of sexy ladies

Doesn't surprise me in your case ;)
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Re: Owners' Club

Postby rossp » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:46 pm

Si wrote:
For me, the discount from AON makes the membership worth it. Oh, and getting to meet lots of sexy ladies :?

Si

I tried them - but the quote was quite a bit more than I got with eventual insurer - Halifax.
rossp

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:57 pm

When you say Halifax is that E-Sure (which is owned by Halifax) or Halifax themselves. :?: :?
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby rossp » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:44 pm

it's with Halifax - I only have 3 years NCB so esure were no good (need 4 years). In the end with 3 yrs NCB total was ?387 with breakdown cover, which was handy today as SWMBO left the lights on and drained the battery... :roll: :D
rossp

Postby Hardtrack » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:52 pm

I was insured with Esure for years,i asked them firstly to insure my Roadster when i purchased it,they wouldn't look at it as it was an import.Me being me :roll: cancelled my home insurances,life policy's and also my car insurance on my other car :P.I insured both cars with Aon for under 700 quid a year and they were kind enough to mirror my full no claims from my other car to my Roadster,so two cars running at full no claims and one protected,the other car is a 2litre gxi 626....they were actually only a tenner more expensive for this car......?340 or something.......forgot to add ,i'm a very young 33 year old 8) with a clean licence........as of life policy's and home insurances...that got dealt with from someone who deals with all that bumf :twisted: :D
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Return to General Chat